It is possible...35 pounds in 4 months

Options
124»

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    erojoy wrote: »
    Why have these forums gotten so negative.
    draznyth wrote: »
    blb85 wrote: »
    Why are you harping on her for her extreme weight loss efforts? That's not the point of this board. The point is to congratulate her. Now give her the tips to succeed. You can't change what she already did, but we can help her going forward.

lol you certainly seem to know a lot about the purpose of MFP...

Why have these forums gotten so negative? :(
    I mean I think she is right. This is the success story forum not the advice forum. If she would have asked for it I could see that, but there are so many judgments being passed. All I see are negative threads lately.

It's not negative or judging. OP's accomplishment is awesome, but it is NOT possible for everyone to do in a healthy manner. It sounds like she has, and that's great. But if someone is lurking in here reading this, and they have been working hard but losing one lb per week, they might think they are failing. And then they might start eating way too little, or obsess about exercise, which would be negative. So someone saying, "sure, it's possible, but not likely" IS positive. And it's true, which is kind of important too.

OP, great job, you look amazing!!!
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    erojoy wrote: »
    Why have these forums gotten so negative.
    draznyth wrote: »
    blb85 wrote: »
    Why are you harping on her for her extreme weight loss efforts? That's not the point of this board. The point is to congratulate her. Now give her the tips to succeed. You can't change what she already did, but we can help her going forward.

lol you certainly seem to know a lot about the purpose of MFP...

Why have these forums gotten so negative? :(
    I mean I think she is right. This is the success story forum not the advice forum. If she would have asked for it I could see that, but there are so many judgments being passed. All I see are negative threads lately.

the condescending attitude of that poster is no less negative than anything else around here. besides, the majority of comments here have been positive
  • cheflaurawalke
    cheflaurawalke Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would hope they would be positive... I have seen a couple other posts since mine went up where people lost more weight in less time and it was nothing but high fives. I understand where the concern is coming from about influencing people in a negative way but my point with the original post was simply to say that massive weight loss is possible in a healthy way. Obviously I don't look unhealthy in my after picture. lol.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Not at all you look great, and you sound like you worked hard for it! EVERYONE'S body is different. What works for some people just doesn't work for others. I could do the same thing as you and never lose a pound, but that doesn't mean failure. I guess I just hope that people are intelligent enough to realize this. Keep it up woman!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations movie! You look incredible!!!!!!
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Incredibly hard work and perseverance. You have accomplished something really hard. Really, really well done. And....what a great attitude. Ignoring the condescension is not easy. Respect!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    No one in this thread is being condescending. While the OP looks great, there are a lot of new people on this app who are also new to weight loss. The amount of weight OP lost in this amount of time is very great amount, and for many people it's not sustainable, and if they are not very over weight, they would have to create a calorie deficit very large and possibly unhealthy to achieve this.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    No one in this thread is being condescending. While the OP looks great, there are a lot of new people on this app who are also new to weight loss. The amount of weight OP lost in this amount of time is very great amount, and for many people it's not sustainable, and if they are not very over weight, they would have to create a calorie deficit very large and possibly unhealthy to achieve this.

Agree.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    shellkroth wrote: »
    Forget the haters!! You look amazing!
    Who would those be? i only see people giving sensible advice.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!