Feeling like a failure.

Options
2 years ago I lost 4 stone. I've managed to keep mostly all of it off for all this time (6-7lbs snuck on during this time but I stayed at 9stone and a half). 5 weeks ago me and my boyfriend moved in together and biscuits and chocolate has come into my diet, only 1 or 2 biscuits not even everyday and 3-4 blocks of chocolate a few times a week, and I've managed to put on another 7lbs in those 5 weeks... so now I'm 10 stone and I hate it. I'm terrified of going back up to my 13 stone.

What can I eat to get back down to 9stone-ish? I'm female and 5'3" by the way and I have no access to a gym or exercise equipment.

Replies

• ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Oooof - I can relate. I moved in with my boyfriend and went up about 10 lbs. I've worked 1/2 of those back off, but it was a nasty surprise.

The trick is not to restrict what foods you eat, but how much you eat. If you eat less than you burn every day, that weight will come off. It will likely be only by 1-2 lbs per week, but it will come down. No need for exercise (although if you can at some point, exercise will help with other health factors). So, go ahead and enjoy your biscuits and chocolate. Just make sure you aren't eating enough of them to go over your calorie allotment.

• ajc1309
    ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I'd be happy with 1-2lbs a week.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    The more times you fail, the closer you are to succeeding. Because every time you fail, you learn something about yourself and it helps you make changes the next time.

• ajc1309
    ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Tea biscuits were part of my downfall too. For me, it was all about portion control. I had some tea biscuits that were 54 calories each, and would eat as many as 6 a day - that's 300 calories! Now I choose tea biscuits that are 16 calories each, and log each and every one.

Knowledge is power. Have your portion sizes crept up because you are eating with somebody? I accepted when I started that, I was going to have to be diligent about portion awareness. I will happily serve myself 3 portions instead of 1, if I don't measure. And now I use small plates most of the time.
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You need to chill lol. You've gone from 9 and a half to 10 stone. Hell when I started my third bulk two weeks ago I jumped up nearly 15lbs in one week lol. You ask what can you eat to get down to 9 and a half stone. The answer is eat lard, eat crisps, eat sweets, it doesn't matter. The only way your getting back to 9 and a half stone is a caloric defecit, it doesn't matter what you eat and it doesn't matter that you ate chocolate and biscuits. You just failed to keep in line with your calories.