Options
go4me1
go4me1 Posts: 101 Member
how do I stop this??

Replies

• walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, look at your evening meal. Does it have enough protein to keep you full? How about fiber? You can eat a big salad for little calories, in addition to your meal, to keep hunger at bay.

Consider saving enough calories/day to have an evening snack. Make sure it has protein.

Drink a glass of water, sometimes thirst is confused with hunger.

Or, if you're like a lot of folks and just have nighttime cravings, you're going to have to find other activities to distract yourself. First, stay away from the kitchen. Take a 5 minute walk, or get outside and do something. Have a cup of decaf coffee/tea. Go to bed early. Find a series on Netflix and watch an episode a night. Create new night behaviors.

Good luck!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Change how much you eat during the day so you have room in your budget for some late night treats.
  • Gulen28
    Gulen28 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wake up as early as you possibly can and go to sleep early. It works like magic for me. If I stay up late, I can't help getting hungry and wanting to eat, even if I'll go to sleep shortly after, which is a problem. Also, I exercise after getting off work, so the physical exertion makes me able to go to sleep early even with a small protein snack after workout.
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Save calories to eat at night.

Exercise the willpower not to eat at night until you stop getting the craving to do so.

Simple really.
  • go4me1
    go4me1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! I think staying up till 11 will help. I get up around 7 to 7:30. It's a habit for me to eat in the middle of the night. Then I gain weight. I was 191 and know I'm 196.