how much weight could i lose in 6 weeks?

Options
m011y132
m011y132 Posts: 7 Member
okay so im going on holiday in a little over 6 weeks and I was wondering how much I could possibly lose in that time, the diet I have just started is mainly vegan during the weekdays and on weekends I allow myself one meal with either a piece of chicken (as I don't enjoy or eat red meat) or a piece of fish, I workout 2 hours a week at the gym with a spinning class and I walk quite abit during the day?

Replies

• gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    With the information you have included how much weight you can lose in 6 weeks can't be answered. A person who weighs 300lbs is going to loose more than someone who weighs 180lbs if they do everything exactly the same. I suggest you ignore how much you loose and focus more on the journey. If you make yourself miserable trying to obtain your goals then you aren't going to stick to them.
  • m011y132
    m011y132 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I weigh 143lbs and I am currently very happy with how Im living, I just want to lose the weight quickly but also healthily.
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Then keep doing what you were doing before. Enjoy the workout and let your body set it's own pace. If you bust your butt before your vacation you might injure yourself or be too sore/tired to actually do anything fun.
  • msalamun
    msalamun Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    A healthy weight loss is about 1-2 pounds a week. At 143lbs, working out twice a week with walking, I would aim for 1 pound a week. 1 pound = ~3,500 calories. So if you factor in what you eat and the exercise you get and total a caloric deficit of 3,500 calories (or about 500 calories each day), you can lose at least 6 pounds in the next 6 weeks. However, keep in mind that the closer you are to a very healthy body, the more difficult it becomes to lose that last bit of fat (if that's what you're aiming for).

So totally doable to lose 6 pounds, but it's gonna come from being disciplined with what you eat, and possibly having to workout more than just twice a day if you want to lose more than that. Good luck!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Healthily and quickly don't go hand in hand, unfortunately. Weight loss just doesn't work that way.

AT 143, I'd expect around .5lbs/week to 1 lb/week to be achievable.
  • fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    1 went from 143 to 135 in 55 days :-)..........I allow myself 1200 calories a day plus the extra calories I earn when I work out ( 3 times a week) and walk ( an hour a day)........I do enjoy eating meat for the protein, and it helps me feel fuller.
  • keniaclimaco5
    keniaclimaco5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You need to work out more!!!! and don't eat back your calories if you want to lose more than 6 pounds in those 6 weeks!
  • keniaclimaco5
    keniaclimaco5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    And get in AT LEAST 10,000 steps per day (get a pedometer)