Hi From A Newbie

Options
Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone really, it's my second day here and I'm just looking to meet people who I may have goals in common with really.

I'm getting married In August this year - it was meant to be June next year but due to circumstances in the family we have pulled the date forward and now I'm running out of time to lose my weight!

I've never been a massive fan of exercise (I wonder where I've been going wrong?!?!?!) as I tend to get bored quite quickly and I'm not confident enough to join a team or go to a class at the moment but I seem to have latched on to Zumba - fingers crossed I stick with it as I quite enjoy bouncing around my kitchen like a nutter!

Anyways that is enough for now, feel free to say hi!

Good luck to everyone

Debz

Replies

• celeeda
    celeeda Posts: 1
    Options
    hi do you like zumba...thinking about doing zumba
  • Geekydee
    Geekydee Posts: 7
    Options
    I do like it yeah, it's the only thing that I have done so far that I find myself smiling through (when I'm not gasping for breath :smile: ) it can be fast paced at times and a bit of hard work but I have a good time doing it!

If you take it up let me know how you get on

Good luck
  • DD_Howe
    DD_Howe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Celeeda -

I've done Zumba a couple times at my local gym. It's a huge hit, the class is always packed and full of energy. The group is very diverse from beginner's to experts, young (late teens) and old(er) (retirees).

It's overwhelming the first 3-4 times and you feel silly but you WILL CATCH ON. I wear a heart-rate monitor during my work outs to count calories burned and Zumba burns more calories in an hour than on the elliptical, stairs or cardio kickboxing!

It's very fun, the classes go by fast and the calories burn easy!

I recommend you give it a try! :)

Let me know if you do!