Carb cycling

Options
djhollywoodonline
djhollywoodonline Posts: 7 Member
edited June 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
what's the best way to cycle crabs without losing energy and muscle ?

I've been taking in carbs in the morning (whole grain wheat bread, oatmeal with berries) after my work out and in the evening before bed (brown rice, potato, yuca, plantain). I skip carbs during lunch but I'll eat fruit as a snack threw out the day.

Am I doing it correct or do you have a better more effective to do it ?

Replies

• professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    How is it working for you?

Those questions get highly polarized answers and it seems any carb related question on this forums goes to pot quick.

NerdFitness.com

Not nearly as insane as this forum.

Muscle Fitness has a good website

bodybuilder.com

I vary between 60-80 as a target but sometimes go over into 100. I just do more cardio to burn off the total calories and hit that deficit number.

If you are healthy as in no insulin resistance it is kind of a diet choice more than anything.

People on here lose weight with all kinds of programs.

Do you have a particular goal like maybe getting cut? Six pack?

• dont_tap_my_aces
    dont_tap_my_aces Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    typically you carb cycle by back-loading, as in eating carbs post workout. on rest days you would cycle fat higher and go lower on carbs to compensate.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I am slightly confused as to how your routine is carb cycling.... Typically carb cycling involves days of differing carbs (and calories). You may have "low" carb days on non training days, "normal" carb days and a "high" carb day.

Protein and fat generally remain constant, carbs cycling over the different days and also effecting your calorie intake. Over the week it will average out.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    What you have described is not carb cycling. Carb cycling consists of days where you consume high, medium or levels of carbs. The amounts will vary as per your calorific requirements but typically (for me); low carb = <20g, medium = 100g, high = 250g+. On high carb days I tend to avoid fats as much as possible. Have a read of Lyle Mcdonalds website for more information.

www.bodyrecomposition.com
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Typically it follows a cycle like hc (high carb) lc (low carb)

For example some different cycles:

Lc, hc,lc,hc,lc,free
    or
    lc,lc, hc,lc,lc,hc,free
    Or
    hc,hc,lc, hc,hc,lc,free

The cycle depends on goals for more athletes the more hc schedule works best. Or train around that scedule.

on hc day you have 1 carb per meal like 1 cup brown rice, quinoa, oatmeal, fruit
    5 meals with 1 protein 2 veggies2cup 0 fats

on lc days you have with breakfast 1 carb 1 protein 2 veg rest of day is 1 protein 2 veg 1 fat =1 tbsp

Free days eat wgat you like up to 2400 cals. At least thats how it is on the chris powell choose more lose more I do.