Middle Eastern Bullying

Hi my name is Mary im from lebanon im 24 years old. I have read many article here on fitness pal about people that had been bullied by calling them fat, for those people and for everyone reading this article i say: i know exactly what do you feel, but believe me ( arab girl living in middle east) here in our countries bulling is more hurtful more damaging, fat people (im included) are called sick, men have adopted the idea that they can't marry a fat girl coz she is considered ill she cant have children, they feel imbarrassed even walking beside her. I am not gonna lie to you, i am not gonna tell you that i dont care, im a human im sensitive and i get hurt, but deep in my mind i think that life is too short to make people like you, love yourself first and be happy of what you are right now... Have a nice day and for those people who are on a weight loss journey GOOD LUCK and HUGS :) God bless

Replies

• allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    I am sorry that you have to go through that, no one deserves to be treated less, for any reason. Of course it hurts, you are human and have feelings. You are right life is to short to make people like you, It's just to bad that you are being judged on what is on the outside, Being large does not make you ugly. I wish you much success in your journey and I hope you find someone that can see you, for who you are. God bless.
  • Laramary602
    Laramary602 Posts: 52 Member
    Thank you :) God Bless your life
  • Virdrago
    Virdrago Posts: 18 Member
    You are a beautiful girl, and I am glad that you still have a positive outlook, even with what you have to go through. Losing weight is a personal journey, and something you have to do for yourself and your health. How others view you is their problem, not yours. Good luck to you!
  • rblevins48
    rblevins48 Posts: 21 Member
    It's terrible that people have the same attitudes towards others all across the world. I don't understand why others get their thrills by bullying, and belittling others. I was taught to treat others as you would want to be treated. I have always tried to do that. You are such a beautiful lady. I'm sure you have heard that beauty comes from within. With your attitude i can tell you are a beautiful person inside too. It is awful that you have to endure such abuse. Keep your head up and God bless you. Send me a FR if you like.
  • I'm so sorry for what you are going through. People in the U.S. can be just as unkind and cruel. If you need a friend to talk to, just friend me. You have to believe you are beautiful and your struggles will become less and less because the self esteem you build within yourself will make you stronger!
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Salam!! Ur beautiful, don't let others get to you
  • Laramary602
    Laramary602 Posts: 52 Member
    BiggyFuzz wrote: »
    Salam!! Ur beautiful, don't let others get to you

Salam! Thank you :) GOd Bless you
  • PinkyKiwii
    PinkyKiwii Posts: 512 Member
    Hey! I know exactly how you feel. I went to Egypt to visit in the summer, and they acted like I'm some weird creature! I can't imagine having to live with that everyday. Honestly you just need to ignore them. You look like a very beautiful girl, so keep your head up!
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    You're a beautiful girl, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
  • Fahadx5x
    Fahadx5x Posts: 2 Member
    Salam alekum
    You are beautiful and be more and more pretty with sport don't give up wish you luck <3