Garmin Vivosmart activity band

Options
looking and want to purchase a Garmin Vivosmart activity watch especially because it tracts laps swimming, biking, walking, etc. Wondering if anyone has this particular activity watch and thoughts on it as it not a cheap purchase for me but that type of item really motivates me.

Replies

• mysmileighs
    mysmileighs Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have the vivofit (similar, but a step "down" as far as Garmin models go) and I love it. It's simple but does exactly what I need it to.

I'll be interested in the responses as well because I've seriously considered upgrading to the vivosmart.
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Run a search in the forums for vivosmart. I also have a vivofit that I like (the novelty has worn off, but it does what I bought it for), so can't state much on some of the bells and whistles of the vivosmart, but I've seen others mention. Good luck!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Post removed.
  • serenity119
    serenity119 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the vivofit 2 and absolutely love it!! The best battery life on the market. No charge for a year. Waterproof (great for my swimming), and it has a timer feature that the vivofit doesn't have. Well worth it.
  • WeaponXI
    WeaponXI Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have a vivosmart, with the HRM that I like. The vivosmart is good to swim in, but it does not keep track of laps and the HRM will not work underwater. To keep track of cycling you need to install a speed sensor (sold separately) on your bicycle, pair it with the vivosmart and then it'll only track your speed and calculates your distance.
    What I find handy is the notifications. It will show any texts, and who is calling, when you pair it with a smartphone, so you don't have to dig out your phone everytime someone tries to get a hold of you. Oh, on the note of smartphones, another nice feature is you can control the music playing on your phone right from your wrist, while you run or do whatever, again, no need to dig out your phone.