Replies

• brenaicooper
    brenaicooper Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm 5'5
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP -- with that said...being 20 lbs overweight does not make you "huge".
  • brenaicooper
    Options
    Lol thanks
  • Laramary602
    Laramary602 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    No you're not , I AM lol , you are beautiful :) good luck losing your weight i have 60 lbs to lose.
  • walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I have to lose 110pounds.

But its all about what you feel like inside. Even though others say your not huge. But you see and believe to be so. Welcome to the app. And stick with it. Best of luck
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Way back when I was a teenager, I lost a lot of weight, but I still saw and felt fat! I see pics now of me in bikinis and other photo's and I don't know that person. For the life me I don't remember being that thin, I was also not healthy, ended up in the hospital. So I get the I'm huge statement. Best of luck on your journey, stay strong and healthy.
  • Feistycat
    Feistycat Posts: 12,868 Member
    Options
    Hi Bre. I'm 5'2" and was almost 180 in January. I've slowly lost 25 pounds and feel better. I have more weight loss to go, but am about to go on vacation, so...
  • elyzabethgimarc
    elyzabethgimarc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can't always listen to the scale. Just because the scale says one thing doesn't mean another. I'm currently 164lbs at 5'4" and my body fat percentage is average. So a scale would tell me that I'm overweight, but in reality I'm not because I have a lot of muscle mass. You could be the same way. Always remember that muscle weighs more than fat.
  • terrilouH
    terrilouH Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I agree with elyzabeth I'm 5ft4 and 12st 5lb I don't pay attention to the scale because I'm obese according to BMI but in the best shape I've been for years!

Good luck with your journey and feel free to add me
  • brenaicooper
    Options
    Wow you guys are so supportive! Thank you! All your words are very encouraging! I'm looking forward to going through this journey with all of you! ☺️