Office break room munchies

Options
Any tips on avoiding the temptation of the treats left to share in the office break room?

Replies

• Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Don't go into the break room.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I look at the treats, then look at the app to see what I have left for calories. Can I fit it in? No? Nevermind, then. That's pretty much it.
  • Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    usually just reading the calorie count on the box is enough, i went to pick up a donut the other day but when i went to get it out the box it said 320 cals, my whole lunch was only 350 that day!

If you really cant resist could you mayb just cut it in half/have a very small portion/taster? lots of people i work with do this as there are cakes almost daily
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I have my own munchies right in my office. I get hungry and reach into my cabinet. No need for the office snacks...I can have something better than cheez its.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I usually tell myself "okay, but only if you really want it." How do I know if I really want it? I make myself wait a set amount of time (like after my next meeting in an hour) and then if I still want it, I can go back and get it. The best thing about that is 1/2 the time when I go back it's all gone and I'm usually okay with that. Many other times, I don't still want it. So, I only end up eating it about 1/3 of the time, but I don't feel deprived because I didn't say "no". :smile:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    My coworkers stopped bringing in donuts after I started bringing in healthier baked goods. I got three raises that year :smiley:
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Willpower. Unless someone has a gun to your head, you don't have to eat it.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I look where I'm at on calories for the day. No donut is worth having to eat a 250 calorie dinner.

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Either make it fit into your calorie goal or bring your own snacks.
  • sealensfit
    sealensfit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Keep your own snacks at your desk! I have a hoard of healthier snacks behind my computer at my desk. We literally have a day in our office called "Treat Day" where the company brings in a tonne of treats (like brownies, cake, pie, candy, etc.) where there is almost no healthy options. I try to grab some of the fruit they bring us, or some of the trail mix (without the M&Ms) if I really want some of the stuff they have. But yeah, if you don't think you can resist, just don't go to the break room.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't fit, I don't eat it. If I eat it anyway, I log it and deal with it in my own way. I never put myself in a situation where I have to exercise it off or eat a crazy tiny dinner though.
  • MamaSteg
    MamaSteg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Vendors are always bringing goodies in for us. If I don't look I can resist.