need help with protein, body fat and carb intake

Options
nikipb1
nikipb1 Posts: 33 Member
Hi there so I have used the kitchen mcardle method to find out my bmr etc. But I'm not great with numbers and not quite understanding how to calculate what my intake should be based on my stats and that I am cutting not bulking.

My body fat mass is 11.9kg body fat percentage 22.5% BMR 1253 calories tree 1723 calories

I'm currently in a deficit to reach my body fat percentage of 19% I'm taking between 1300/1400 calories a day.

Can someone help me figure out how much of my macros should be.

Thank u

Replies

• nikipb1
    Options
    I meant tdee is 1723 as I exercise three times a week
  • losingitseattle
    losingitseattle Posts: 90 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You can go to www.iifym.com to calculate your macros but beware there are a lot of pop up ads. But it will give you what you want. Did you have your body fat measured? Also, do you have a % you are trying to hit on proteins, carbs, fats? I can help you but I need more info.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    0.8g to 1g of protein per pound of LBM (weight minus body fat)
    0.45g of fat per pound of body weight
    Fill in the rest with carbs
  • nikipb1
    Options
    You can go to www.iifym.com to calculate your macros but beware there are a lot of pop up ads. But it will give you what you want. Did you have your body fat measured? Also, do you have a % you are trying to hit on proteins, carbs, fats? I can help you but I need more info.

I have had it measured that's how I know my percentage and mass. I'm looking to become lean and I know I still need to cut but I don't want to lose muscle mass so I know carbs are important when working out. I want to shred but make sure I'm keeping muscle so I can eventually build. Based on my stats I'm not sure what my intake of fat protein and calorie should be to make sure I'm shredding correctly
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Try this calculator on page 2. It is a bit more thorough.

http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

The proper macro guideline based on science:

-0.60 to 0.80g of protein per pound of bodyweight
    -A bare minimum of 0.40 to 0.45g of dietary fat per pound of body weight
    -Fill in the rest with high fiber, nutritious carbs, and alcohol (if consuming)
  • nikipb1
    Options
    Thank u that dumbs it down for me ☺