Lookin' for Friends in all the Right Places..

Options
scapez
scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
Hey all-

I've been doing this fitness pal thing via my iPhone for 30 days now, and I really enjoy it. Haven't had a coffin nail since May 1, am off the nicotine patch, watching what I'm eating, and I started going back to Zumba a few weeks ago. Sounds like a lot to take on at one time, but really -- it's not. I've been trying to quit smoking for the past 2 years (quitting is easy, it's STAYING quit that's tough!). Not being able to eat what I want when I want can be challenging, but I never ate a lot of processed or fast foods to begin with, so again, not terribly difficult (save for the occasional pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream that I *must* reward myself with for all of my hard work -- haha).

Might be worth mentioning: I'm hypothyroid, but getting that under control.

According to height weight charts, I'm in the healthy weight range (5'7 / 150 lbs.) but I do have excess fat to lose, for sure. I can see it setting up shop under my chin, around my waist, thighs...you know the drill. It's time to take control. Have seen no weight/measurement changes to date...so I'm sure that soon I'll need all of the motivation I can get because I can feel the beginnings of frustration setting in already!

Anyone wanna be buddies? I'm nice and I don't bite.

Replies

• Kirk_D
    Kirk_D Posts: 85
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I hope you meet all your goals!
  • bex22mcn
    bex22mcn Posts: 90
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options
    Welcome and GL to you!
  • dawntillery
    dawntillery Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi, i am also a nonsmoker as of June 10 2010 (16mths and counting)
    I also quit all caffiene too 20 days later.
    I was doing really well till summer hit last year and I gained 10lbs then i started flexing between 10 more lbs.
    So now i am 13lbs down and losing and I am going to LOOK better than i did as a smoker.
    Add me, I can be your weight loss friend PLUS a great mentor for quitting smoking.
  • weemsr
    weemsr Posts: 8
    Options
    No problem! I have only been on THIS site for about 2 weeks, but I have lost three pounds thusfar. Down a total of 75... I WAS A LARD *kitten*. Now, I'm feeling much better! There was a voice in my head that said ENOUGH and it finally snapped. And... well, here I am.

Let me know if you are interested in being friends!
  • MindiKat
    MindiKat Posts: 49
    Options
    Yesterday was 100 days off the nicodemon for me too and now I'm working on weight. I'm battling a little bit of depression right now with my son graduating high school and moving later this summer to college and looking in the mirror and going, "ugh, really?"

Feel free to add me.
  • dawntillery
    dawntillery Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi, i am also a nonsmoker as of Jan 10 2010 (16mths and counting)
    I also quit all caffiene too 20 days later.
    I was doing really well till summer hit last year and I gained 10lbs then i started flexing between 10 more lbs.
    So now i am 13lbs down and losing and I am going to LOOK better than i did as a smoker.
    Add me, I can be your weight loss friend PLUS a great mentor for quitting smoking.
    sorry i put in the wrong date i quit, fixed it
    Jan 10 - 2010 - quit smoking
    Jan 2010 - quit all caffiene
  • kdelost630
    kdelost630 Posts: 199
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I don't bite either. :)
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hey all-

I've been doing this fitness pal thing via my iPhone for 30 days now, and I really enjoy it. Haven't had a coffin nail since May 1, am off the nicotine patch, watching what I'm eating, and I started going back to Zumba a few weeks ago. Sounds like a lot to take on at one time, but really -- it's not. I've been trying to quit smoking for the past 2 years (quitting is easy, it's STAYING quit that's tough!). Not being able to eat what I want when I want can be challenging, but I never ate a lot of processed or fast foods to begin with, so again, not terribly difficult (save for the occasional pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream that I *must* reward myself with for all of my hard work -- haha).

Might be worth mentioning: I'm hypothyroid, but getting that under control.

According to height weight charts, I'm in the healthy weight range (5'7 / 150 lbs.) but I do have excess fat to lose, for sure. I can see it setting up shop under my chin, around my waist, thighs...you know the drill. It's time to take control. Have seen no weight/measurement changes to date...so I'm sure that soon I'll need all of the motivation I can get because I can feel the beginnings of frustration setting in already!

Anyone wanna be buddies? I'm nice and I don't bite.

sure thing:)) feel free to add me: I am hypertiroid.and sucks . :) I understand you :)
  • RobMacca1
    RobMacca1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me,x
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Absolutely add me as a friend! I quick smoking in 2004. Believe it or not, the only way I could quit was by smoking lettuce cigarettes! That's right, lettuce cigarettes. They tasted horrible, were awfully harsh but they stll allowed me to wean myself off the habit. In any case, they dont work for everyone, just happened to work for me.

Good luck with all your goals......

Bob
  • daniellejg
    daniellejg Posts: 97
    Options
    I can use all the buddies I can get! Feel free to add me :)