fruits

Options
Do others find they are over in sugar due to fruit? I'm under in calories, but always too much in sugar.

Replies

• Jaxxie1181
    Jaxxie1181 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This is just my opinion, but if you aren't diabetic I wouldn't focus so much on the sugar. MFP sets it very low and doesn't account for fruits. Fructose is more readily absorbed by the body, so I don't worry if a banana or some strawberries put me over my sugar limit for the day. So long as I'm eating within my calorie limit I'm good.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I seldom even look at the sugar. I've been on maintenance since November of 2011, so calories are my primary concern.
    As Jaxxie said, unless you have a sugar problem such as diabetes, don't worry about it.
    Fruits are good for you.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    If you dont have medical issues...dont worry about it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I probably would be over in sugar if I actually ever ate fruit, yes. It's fine.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I switched it out to fiber. Bonus: All that sugary fruit has fiber.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Sugar is sugar is sugar. Your body doesn't decide not to count it just because it may come from fruit.

Eat more vegetables.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to eat enough fruit or any kind of sugar, for that matter. Also always low on sodium, but over on protein and fiber. I'll figure this out one day!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Sugar is sugar is sugar. Your body doesn't decide not to count it just because it may come from fruit.

Eat more vegetables.

why if you dont have any medical issues with sugar?

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I average around 90g of sugar a day which comes from fruit and dairy. Two things I refuse to give up!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with fruit. Just make sure it's not crowding out protein, good Fats and vegies.
  • Bhlinebee
    Bhlinebee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Sugar from fruit is better for your body bc of the added benefits you get from the fiber that you also get from that piece of fruit. Google it, it's pretty interesting!!
  • Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Always. I've stopped paying too much attention to the sugars - I'm not giving up fruit! They may be high in sugars, but they also contain a decent amount of fibre. Fruit's good!
  • 2012retiree
    2012retiree Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for you comments! Guess I'll eat two fruits and be more concerned with calories in total.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Overall fruit is good for the body and it tastes great. Don't worry about the sugar you're gonna get from it. No food is perfect. Except for Strawberries they're little pieces of heaven. :)