Overwhelmed

Options
Do you ever think about how much weight you need to lose and it becomes completely overwhelming ? How do you take yourself out of that mindset ?
I recently took pictures today of myself and despite a 30lb weight loss the pictures just made me realize how much more I need to lose.

Replies

• cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    A 30-pound weight loss is fantastic! Great job! Don't be so hard on yourself, and try not to think of how much you need to lose. Maybe break that number up into smaller goals. For example, I need to lose 64 pounds, but I'll drive myself crazy (and become unmotivated in the process) if I obsess about how much I need to lose. Instead, I will set smaller goals of 10 pounds at a time until I reach that final number. Again, you should be proud of yourself for losing 30 pounds. Focus on your achievements and how good you feel!
  • missdoom84
    missdoom84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Setting smaller goals do help. Just sometimes that overwhelming thought creeps in haha. I will definitely focus on my achievements from now on instead. Thanks!
  • samantha0131
    samantha0131 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I Have to think smaller groups too, even tho my mind is telling me more but one step at a time
  • FitHealthyBKY
    FitHealthyBKY Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    30lbs is absolutely amazing!!
    My goal is to lose 129lbs...If I overthink it, that's a whole person!!! I've decided I just need to take little steps and try not to think about the big picture. A couple of pound off here and there and making sure I enjoy the little things about losing weight. Fitting in the next size clothes, being able to walk a little further, being able to lift a heavier weight.
    Good luck to you.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I dont let myself be overwhelmed because its not helpful. I have focused on simply knowing and agreeing that I have a target and it will be achieved. I cna take a long terms medium amd several short term view on things.

Look at the big traget make sure its roughly in the right area and then dont wprry about it, realise that if you do things in the short term it moved you towards the bigger target. On a micro level I make sure my plan is corrct and each action I take , should be helpful to my objectives for that day or week. Work hard on each day and the week takes care of itself, work hard on the weeks and the months take care of themselves. Work hard on the months and your journey will happen.

You are 25% through your journey so you have 3 more of those mini journeys to make. I'd guess you are looking at 90 weeks, maybe more maybe less. the more you know and can break it down into practical realistic tems, then the less leeway exists to let the negative thoughst get in your way. Think its not if, but when you lose that last pound.
  • Jbubello
    Jbubello Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, I've done the same thing, some days you just don't feel confidant.. Maybe forget the mirror for a day, maybe you put on some article of clothing that fits better?! I think confirmation for most people is when someone says "wow you look great". Some people will say that, but others say nothing (either they just don't pay attention to things OR they have weight to lose themselves and just don't want to bring it up!) Hang in there...some days are awesome...and some suck! It takes a long time to put on weight and just as long to take it off! Best of luck!
  • anbtjp
    anbtjp Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    OP, I get overwhelmed every day. I may wake up feeling really good because I've been sticking so well to my plan - exercise and healthy eating - and then when I have to get in the shower and get ready I get very depressed because I am still so overweight. I will not give up but I do still get that feeling like I am never going to be thin and healthy.

I guess I just tell myself that time is going to pass regardless of whether I choose to continue or not and in a year I could be what I am now, overweight and unhappy, or I could be a healthier, happier person.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    @missdoom84:

Every day I think about how much I still have left to lose. Usually at work I am lifting/moving boxes and walking around... sometimes when I am carrying a box that is 30lbs it is an eye opener that this is how much weight i'm carrying on my body that I need to lose. It's even worse when it is a 50lb box. But it's also motivating.

I'm learning to not be so hard on myself, but there are more bad than good days right now, still. You're still farther than you were 30lbs ago. You're doing this, while taking steps forward and back. Every little step counts. (As I need to take my own advice!!)

YOU GOT THIS!! You have what it takes. :)