Body Image

Options
supercoolkid98
supercoolkid98 Posts: 9 Member
edited June 2015 in Motivation and Support
Trying to change my mental image of myself along with my physical image. Quite possibly HARDER than losing weight for me. I have lost nearly 50 lbs since August. I have lost approximately this much a couple times at different points in my life and every time I have a hard time truly taking in my new size.
I don't get called pretty (maybe once a year) by my husband and only the occasional comment from other family.. I am slowly working on fully restocking my wardrobe... Hopefully that helps. I figure, maybe then I'll look sexy (and feel my size physically) then my brain will catch up.

<3

When was your "ah-ha" moment of realizing your accomplishments?

Replies

• kalegria24
    kalegria24 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My brain still hasn't caught up. I lost 75-80 pounds and have now kept that off for a year. But I'm smaller than I ever thought I'd be. But I still "feel" fat.... I still head directly to the plus department for clothes, even though I'm in size 14 now... Pictures are helping for me. When I'm wearing an outfit and feel particularly 'thin' or 'pretty' I make one of my office mates take a picture for me. I did have one 'aha' moment in a line up picture with my fellow hula dancers after a show, I realized I was NOT one of the largest arms in the line up!!!! That was pretty cool... So let me know what else helps you. Maybe it will help me too!