C25k

Options
I just started it today and it kick my butt and I was wondering if anyone had any progress on it & do you love it hate it I'll love to hear it..... ( and fell free to add me)

Replies

• gotcardi
    gotcardi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm interested too - I was planning on starting it once I was on summer break from work. :) I'm interested in hearing reviews.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    I am only on week 2, but loving it so far! (:
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    finished day 1 today-- actually finished 1/2 of day one the other day. Today that 60 secs of running ( ok in my case pathetically poor jogging- but both feet off the ground for at least a nano second) seemed longer than the other day. I did finish- woo hoo and look sorta forward to the next session. Good luck
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    It's a great tool to get to a 5K, and the Interval style training is perfect for not only conditioning you to run more and further, but also for weight loss.
  • Margot18904
    Margot18904 Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm only 3 weeks into the programme, but I'm really enjoying it and can definitely feel the difference already. It's getting a little bit easier to keep up every time! I love being able to get out on my own for half an hour every few days and I'm feeling really confident that I'll get to the end and it seems to be helping me shift the last couple of pounds towards my goal weight.
  • kristanickerson
    kristanickerson Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/247329-couch-to-5k-start-today

Above is the link to the group that is starting today, go check it out.
    I've done it a few time it WORKS but you have to stick with it :)
  • kingnatalie
    kingnatalie Posts: 163
    Options
    It's a great program to start running, stick with it. You will see results and feel proud of yourself. It really does work. I did it last year and ran two 5k and one 2 mile race. I can't say I am a speedy running, but I can do it.
  • genielross
    genielross Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 6 day 3, a 25 minute solid run. I love the program! When I first started I was sore after every run/walk, but it gets better. Make sure you have at least 1 if not 2 rest days between runs.

You can add me if you like!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    It kicked my butt to here and back to the point that I decided to try something else after having to repeat week 1 twice in a row. I'm hoping to lose some weight first and then start it up again and it won't be as hard on my legs/feet.
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Search the forums for 'c25k' there are a huge amount of threads on the subject. Great program!
  • bift3r
    bift3r Posts: 2
    Options
    I just went and got new shoes and am going to start today! I really am excited about it and would love to know more peoples opinions about it as well!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Day one went pretty well for me, day 2 was a bit rougher...day 3 was bad! But I kept going, in fact at the end of week 2 I thought I was finally ready to do week 1! And it felt like that during week 2 too. I tell people that on week 3 I thought I might die and on week 4 I was hoping in would die, lol! But it does work, I finished it in a little over 9 weeks, had to take a break at week 9 to nurse an ankle sprain from soccer before finishing it, but I did manage. I ran my first of 7 races ranging from 3 miles to 5 miles and I ran my first 10K last week.
    Stick with it! It will get easier, but it will not be easy to get there.
  • seagreenstarfish
    Options
    I LOVE that program!

1.5 years ago I decided to quit smoking and start running. I quit and the next day started C25k. The first couple of days were tough, but I could see improvement every time I ran. I completed in 7 weeks and within another month could run a 10k. And I was NOT thin (250 pounds or MORE on a 5'7'' girl). Now I run 5Ks (the official races) for fun. I have done two already this month and have 2 more scheduled for early June. I also plan on doing my first official 10K this summer.

If I can do it, it WORKS. This is coming from a person who could not run at all prior to starting and had been overweight her whole life (now I am also 64 pounds less than I was 10 mons ago, and I am sure that helps my running, but anyway the program WORKS!!!)
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    On week 5 and LOVE it!!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    what would you say is jogging on an elliptical - strides per minute ... or do you just jog the way you can?
  • LosingGrip
    LosingGrip Posts: 18
    Options
    Its something that you need to keep doing, I wasn't able to do it for a few days, then kept putting it off. Now a couple of months since I last did it. I have been running since, just not doing the c25k.
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I do Week 2, Day 2 tomorrow. It has been challenging, but not enough to make me want to quit. Just enough to make me want more. :)
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I am on w2d2, and I love it. I have NEVER been a runner, but I can see a difference all ready. just keep with it. Your endurance will increase with time. I am able to run out my frustrations for the day.
  • CoachsWife4
    CoachsWife4 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I didn't just do the 3 reps each week. I've tried doing 4 or 5 of each week before moving on. I'm not on Week 5 where they daily start changing and I'm repeating them once or twice until I feel comfortable moving to the next step. It has made me a lot more confident and willing to stick with it!

I do HIGHLY recommend an HRM because it will really give you and accurate and exciting view of how much you're burning for all that effort!