Full day calorie goals confusion

Options
I've recently joined and I'm not sure on what my calorie total goal should be for a full day of eating. I had it at 2000 and then realized it's no where near enough but then changed it to 14,00. I
I lift weights. Resistance training daily so where's the best calorie range to stick too?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eh? 2000 wasn't enough so you REDUCED it to 1400.... that makes no sense?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    An open diary and a restatement of your question might help. What are your stats and your goals.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    MFP will do all the work for you...just put in your stats, a reasonable weekly weight loss goal and MFP gives you the amount of calories to eat a day to lose the weight you want.

You then exercise, log it and eat some of those back...
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    MFP will do all the work for you...just put in your stats, a reasonable weekly weight loss goal and MFP gives you the amount of calories to eat a day to lose the weight you want.

You then exercise, log it and eat some of those back...

I second this, exercise, log, eat back small.
  • RachaelPoole2015
    RachaelPoole2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone. What was confusing me is the kinda of exercise I'm doing being all weight lifting heavy(meaning I should consume way more than 2000 cals to build muscle) I upped it because of that reason. 2000 cals a day would be ideal if I did just normal 20-60mim cardio a few times a week but it's the weight lifting I'm doing.
    I guess I'll just keep to the 2000 goal then?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone. What was confusing me is the kinda of exercise I'm doing being all weight lifting heavy(meaning I should consume way more than 2000 cals to build muscle) I upped it because of that reason. 2000 cals a day would be ideal if I did just normal 20-60mim cardio a few times a week but it's the weight lifting I'm doing.

You're trying to gain weight?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

It's really hard to tell whether or not 2000 is right for you without more information. Could you give us your stats (age, height, weight) and your goals?