im new!!!

Options
hi everyone
this is my first time on this web site and i am really excited! over the last 5 years i have lost 70 pounds and then gained 30 of it back. I really want to get this weight off and feel good. i work out with a personal trainer 3 times a week but food is my big hang up. I eat for any reason and i really want to eat stop this bad behavior..........
thanx for listening

Replies

• booberj
    booberj Posts: 69
    Options
    Welcome!!!
    This site will help you realize how many calories you are getting daily if you are honest with you food diary and the people on here are great at giving support as well. Add me if you'd like
  • Kirk_D
    Kirk_D Posts: 85
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • laurenstephw
    Options
    get involved with the community, stay honest to yourself and you will succeed! I'll add you :D
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I wish I could stop eating all together, but there is a big thing called LIVING that I want to continue to do. So, feel free o add me for support.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I found for me it truly is 80% diet and 20% exercise. Log every single thing you put in your mouth. It will educate you to the nutritional value of the food you eat as well as the caloric values. You will start making better choices to get the most calorie "bang for your bite" so to speak (well, at least if you are like me and like to eat!). Make a daily food plan and stick to it but allow for "treats" as long as you don't binge. My personal philosophy (and it has worked like a charm for me) is everything in moderation. I don't deny myself things but I don't go hog-wild crazy either. Good luck!
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Welcome, well at least you know you can do it and it sounds like you have a great exercise plan.
    Just plan your foods out, journal and it will happen again.
    Good luck to you.
  • Licacorona
    Licacorona Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Easier said than done if you dont live on your own, but if you dont buy it, you dont eat it. Thats my theory as Ill eat anything if its there.