Breakfast Cereal...?

Options

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I have a greek fage yoghurt & put crunchy peanut butter inside - Soooo yummy! Try it.

I love omelettes, Porridge with fruit/peanut butter/cinnamon

Normal cereal is just mainly carbs, hence why 3 Weetabix doesn't really do much for you.

Try and pick a high protein breakfast - Ie smoked salmon with scrambled eggs etc, Should keep you fuller for longer

Runny Poached eggs on brown toast, with sliced avocado
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be cereal and does it have to keep you full until lunchtime?

Yeh I know that's what you asked but.... if you know you always get hungry mid-morning, is there anything preventing you having a planned snack then?

My two most filling breakfasts are greek yoghurt with granola and eggs poached in tomato passata (though that might be time consuming on a work day). I've never really found any cereal to keep me full for more than an hour or two. I think I need the protein to keep me full.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    There is no cereal in the world that would keep me full until lunchtime, unless I ate 800 calories worth of it (and even then...).

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    When I have cereal, I have some Greek yogurt and a banana with it too. That can keep me full at 400 calories.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Workdays I generally eat breakfast at 6.30, have a snack at 9.30, lunch around 12, snack around 3.30 and dinner around 7 then graze all evening

I find nothing will fill me up for longer than 3 hours or so
  • Akibo23
    Akibo23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wild berries cooked with oats is delish! No sugar needed as the berries are sweet enough.
    Top it with a spoonful of Greek or low fat yogurt and bananas you are good to go

IF you are still hungry - snack on more fruits or add some eggs into your bfast plan!
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Raisin bran!
    Those little powdery-sugary raisins are like breakfast candy!
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Cereal makes hungrier than if I hadn't eaten at all...

Eggs w/veggies and a bit of cheese holds me over quite well (~4 hours or so).
  • buffveganme
    buffveganme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Raisin bran!
    Those little powdery-sugary raisins are like breakfast candy!

Yes, but...it also has 11 grams of sugar per serving...hydrogenated oil and sugar coated raisins...
  • Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I particularly like a bowl of fruit (not sure you'd be limiting fruit sugars too?) with yoghurt and granola, or toasted bread with mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic and herbs if I have the time to cook something. I know what you mean about porridge being tasteless on its own, but blueberries mixed in with it is lovely.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I like a serving of oatmeal and on heavy lifting days I will add a scrambled egg to my breakfast.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    I bought kellogs frosted mini wheats with grape filling today. Lots of fiber. Let's hope it tastes good.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Yeah, cereal won't cut it for me either. Only eat it as an addition to other breakfast foods, or as a snack. As a meal by itself, nope, not happening.
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    Yeah, cereal won't cut it for me either. Only eat it as an addition to other breakfast foods, or as a snack. As a meal by itself, nope, not happening.

Agreed. My wife calls cereal the "worst breakfast ever". I agree.

I make a breakfast burrito just about every day. Eggs, bacon, salsa in a simple tortilla. Easy, takes 5 minutes to make (if that) and filling; last until lunch time easy.

• mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »

Agreed. My wife calls cereal the "worst breakfast ever". I agree.

I make a breakfast burrito just about every day. Eggs, bacon, salsa in a simple tortilla. Easy, takes 5 minutes to make (if that) and filling; last until lunch time easy.

Ditto. Most mornings are 3-4 eggs, handful of cheese, couple shakes of tabasco, wrapped in a tortilla.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Cereal is my least favourite breakfast. I agree it does not last long. But porridge is my fave, especially on cold days coming in from a run. I add raisins to mine, and have it with greek yogurt.

I think eggs will suit you very well. Maybe eggs and toast with a little peanut butter.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I eat scrambled eggs and with black beans most days.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal with peanut butter or cottage cheese for breakfast around 9:30. That'll hold me until 1 or so. There's no way I could rely on cereal to keep me full. Now, I truly love cereal so I eat it before bed as a snack. :D
  • meggrose1985
    meggrose1985 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also do fruit, yogurt and granola. And I eat at my desk at work between calls, so breakfast generally takes me about 45 minutes to eat.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Bacon was a breakfast staple but I loved cereal later in the day.

Coffee and bacon were the smell of morning.

In college before my sugar sensitivity went wacky, I would have a large bowl of this awesome granola and a hand full of strawberries and a banana for lunch

About an hour later a bunch of us would run a little 5k course

I loved me some great granola. Shredded wheat was ok but seemed plan. Maybe mix in some granola

Breakfast had to have bacon and coffee.