Foods to cut out

clearylfc
clearylfc Posts: 5 Member
I weighed 226lbs on the 1st of January this year , this morning I weighed 202lbs purely cutting out bread rice potatoes cheese and fried foods , I still enjoy my wine at the weekend happy days :smile:

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited June 2015
    You don't need to cut out anything.... Just make it fit. Sure, you might not get to eat those things every day, but doesn't mean never...

You lost weight from being in a deficit, not because you restricted certain foods
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    What you meant to say, I'm sure, was that you lost weight by..."purely cutting calories to put me in a caloric deficit" ... because that's what you did. You just chose to do it by "cutting out" some foods entirely to get you in that deficit. This isn't sustainable or enjoyable for most people, so I'm making this comment so that others know they don't have to "cut out" anything like there's a magic secret. But, congrats on your weight loss so far!
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    I'd say if you're going to cut anything completely i would cut off pops/soda sugary drinks.
  • jonnie256
    jonnie256 Posts: 169 Member
    I love cheese... Will never be able to "cut" the cheese out of my diet.(no pun intended)lol
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Congratulations on finding something that worked for you, and on your weightloss.

I'd be happier giving up the wine and keeping the potatoes, but it's good that you found your own path.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member
    Only foods I cut out:

Foods I hate to eat
    Food that is spoiled
    Food that has bugs crawling on it
    Food that I have digestive intolerance with (lactose)

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    the only foods I don't eat are the ones that I don't like...

OP - I am glad that you lost 20 pounds, that is awesome. however, I think it is a bit misleading to say that your loss was a result of cutting out those foods, as you could of kept eating those foods, just less of them, and you would of lost the same amount of weight.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    I miss Bro-science but am in so much better shape without it..
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Congrats on your weight loss. You can add back in the foods that you love, just in moderation.
  • BigMamaLynsey
    BigMamaLynsey Posts: 390 Member
    I wouldn't cut rice and potatoes! This is what I'm technically eating most of the time and I've lost 12lbs so far.. This post is gonna make people think they need to cut these, potatoes and rice are filling I find, yummy too. I remain under my calorie goal that's how I lost the weight. What you should cut out is sugary foods and drinks, but treat yourself of course.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    I still eat rice and potatoes....delicious carbs......love you so much!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!