So fed up

Options
cant seem to lose heaviest ever been. Blame my meds to a degree seems to be worse since being put on tablets for osteoporosis I never have lost quick but seem to keep putting on......help

Replies

• SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Uh I know how this feels. :0( Keep doing the counting and go for walks.
  • megantischner
    megantischner Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Start logging <i>everything</i> you eat, and weight your portions with a scale. You may be eating more than you think you are.
    How often are you exercising?
    Have you talked to your doctor about this?
    And yes, weight loss takes time and patience. Your weight naturally fluctuated throughout the day and from day to day, so if you get frustrated by seeing your weight fluctuate, you may want to weigh yourself less frequently.
    If you want more specific advise, you'll have to post more info about your habits and routines.
    Otherwise, if you just want some encouragement -- keep working at it and stick with it!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Its all about the deficit. Medical conditions might make it harder, but you should try following the basics of weight loss and follow them well. Until you have satisfactorily addressed all stages, logging, weighing food, consistent deficits, exercise, then I would worry less about the meds.

A good start will be reading this thread or the beginning post.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    It does seem easier to put on weight the older we become. Our calorie requirements decline and most slow down a bit so we end up with slowly gaining. A nice brisk walk every day and a small reduction in calories will put you on the right track.
  • tomofnj
    tomofnj Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Dont beat yourself up, that wont serve to benefit you at all.
    Walk, walk walk. You'll hurt for a few days, get past it by knowing your just sore, not injured.
    If you have the patience, weigh everything and count every gram.. of every bite.
    Lots of water to keep hydrated and keep your brain awake.. you got this !
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! It's a struggle when you get older. But like SoulSister said, lower your calorie intake and go for walks. I just got a new puppy so we walk alot (I'm always trying to tire him out). Just keep at it it's slow going, but it will happen.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Is weight gain listed as a side effect of your medication? I'd talk to your doctor about the best course of action. Perhaps the medication dosage could be adjusted, or a specific diet may help reduce the effect. Also, ask about what exercises are safe and what you should be doing. Some type of strength training should help with the osteoporosis, but you will need to ask about where to start, how to progress, etc. to make sure it's safe for you. Maybe ask for a referral to a dietician.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    If you start measuring, logging, and exercising (even walking) you will feel back in control and that you are doing something about this, which will make you feel better as you are losing.
  • fergie1404
    fergie1404 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks folk xx