1yr and 7yr difference!! (with pics)

Options
mearsy88
mearsy88 Posts: 87 Member
So when I joined MFP I wasn't going to post in here until I had reached my goal weight of 160 lbs, well that's another 68lbs away yet and seems like a life time away.

I've been on and off MFP for a couple of years, I then joined again on June 15th 2014, and again I kept going in and out of doing it..... finally in Jan 2015 I thought THIS IS IT!!!!! I did the whole NEW YEAR NEW ME and so far i have a 153 days streak!! So its nearly been a year since my first (we shall say official) first weigh in of 272lbs.

Im 5ft 8, and started off eating 1740 calories a day, now I eat 1620 a day and make sure I eat them all (I LOVE food!!!)

I didn't really take many before pictures as maybe I should of done, and the ones I have taken I dont think are very good. Its hard to see the difference as I'm fully clothed. So what I have done today is re-create the picture I took of myself a year ago!!!

28ia8g7ny6of.jpg

There is a 44lbs difference which sounds hell of alot but I dont see a 'huge' difference :neutral:

I feel really good that I have lost the 44lbs and am at the lowest I have been in like forever but just feel like I look the same. So what I did was get an old photo of me from June 2008 and weighing 300lbs.

I still got the top I wore from back then and re created the picture!!!!

zfj09rr6vwtr.jpg

This has made me extra happy that I have come this far!! If I stick to it then I can lose the next 68lbs!!!!

Apart from watching my calorie intake, Im trying to start to exercise. Im only doing walking so far and have started doing couch 2 5K app, but I never know what else to do. I want to think about toning my body, any advice on this would be great. Is there an app that could help??

Feel free to add me, always looking for friends for motivation.
:smile: :smile: :smiley::smiley::blush::blush:

Replies

• dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results!! What a great idea, re-creating the pictures! You look great. Keep with the c25K, it's such a great way to become a runner. I am sure someone will share some other suggestions, just wanted to congratulate you!!!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! And love the picture recreations. I can see a difference between the two skirt pictures!

Some great beginner lifting programs: stronglifts 5x5 (has an app), strong curves, new rules of lifting for women, and starting strength.
  • aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good job girl! your dedication is paying off and it shows :)
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I see a noticeable difference in both sets of photos. Way to go! You look great ^^
  • tasjo2015
    tasjo2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I definitely see the difference in all of the pictures. I did the C25K and I'm now working on the C210K. I can't believe that I can run for 60 minutes when I couldn't even run for 5 when I started. So, keep it up and great job so far!
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Great work!! Keep up with that C25K - and add some body weight exercises, go to pineterest.com and look up tabata or body weight workouts - there are some great workouts set up - pick some that you think would be challenging and fun :) Keep up the GREAT work!!
  • mearsy88
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I see a small difference in the first one. Think I was expecting more, which is why I did the second pic! Huge difference!! Can't wait until I reach my final goal!!

TracyeS4 wrote: »
    I can't believe that I can run for 60 minutes when I couldn't even run for 5 when I started. So, keep it up and great job so far!

I know! I'm on week 3 at the moment and running for 3 minutes is hard enough but it's getting easier!
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I for sure see a difference even in the first set. Your shoulders and waist are much slimmer!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Nice results!
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    The incredible shrinking woman !!!! Awesome.. great motivation and love the same clothes comparison.
    I definitely see the difference... the first picture the sweater is looser on you (see more of the green shirt) and the skirt is longer. The second one is wow !!! big difference !!!
    Keep up the good work. I agree on checking out the sl, nrfwl. Also just some body weight exercises would work for a while. ( situps, pushups, blanks, etc.)
    Thanks for sharing.
  • RowlP
    RowlP Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have started with weights using Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones. Very motivating and a great place to start.
  • mearsy88
    Options
    rushfive wrote: »
    Also just some body weight exercises would work for a while. ( situps, pushups, blanks, etc.).

THIS!!!! Im looking for some sort of plan, how many to do a day/week, when to increase them. I just have no idea! Sorry if I'm sounding stupid!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • LinzNicholeV
    LinzNicholeV Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!! And I kinda definitely want to steal that top you're wearing in the 2nd set haha. Keep up the good work!!
  • mearsy88
    Options
    You look fabulous!! And I kinda definitely want to steal that top you're wearing in the 2nd set haha. Keep up the good work!!

Thank you :smile: Yeh it's a nice top! Why I've kept it for so many years
  • ribye
    ribye Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • JenniferChell
    JenniferChell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look great! Great job!
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Good job.
  • Skank99
    Skank99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. I heard loading weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise. Have you ever heard of crossfit? That might be something you enjoy to tone
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!