National Donut Day

Options
Hey guys!
Just dropping a little note to say, STAY STRONG everyone!! Someone brought huge box of donuts for National Donut Day into work today. I am staying strong by eating my Chobani Green Tea Greek Yogurt and I am SOOOO proud of myself!

How are you guys stay strong today?

Replies

• karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    :D lord today must be tough day in work. congrats for you!!

today was my weight day and MR. scale decide it to move, they can bring all the donuts in the world but i wont have it, :# i want to fit in more skinny jeans than eating any delicious donuts out there.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm so thankful that this kind of stuff doesn't really (and never has) appealed to me. I think I eat maybe one doughnut per year...maybe. So glad I don't crave stuff like this and I always kind of feel bad for people who do.

If someone brought in a platter of ribs, that would be a different matter altogether.
  • ani_terzyan
    ani_terzyan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I already had one and it was ugh so good! Just going to eat 200 cals less for dinner tonight to make up for it :yum: The really tough part is not going back for seconds, especially since the kitchen is so close to my desk!
  • mindyaf83
    mindyaf83 Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I just had one and it wasn't worth it. Now I need to find time for a good work out!
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I came in here to celebrate National Donut Day and was sadly disappointed. :(

I spent the first several hours of today under the delusion that someone was going to give me a donut or bring in donuts for the office. The realization that no donut is coming has just set in, and now I see this thread. Salt in my wounds, people. Salt in my wounds. :'(

Donuts-1d1guia.jpg

RIP Donut Dream!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll have a donut AFTER my workout tonight :)
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I was into Tim Hortons this morning to get my coffee/hot chocolate mix and I completely forgot what day it was. I even stared the donoughts down. I still have room in my calorie for for the day to fit one it.
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If you must, there is a Paleo Protein Bar flavoured like a glazed donut. http://www.julianbakery.com/paleo-product/paleo-protein-bar-glazed-donut-12-bars/
  • clewpage
    clewpage Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have a donut tonight, and I'm not going to feel a bit guilty about it.
    It's one little donut...a Krispy Kreme plain glazed is 190 calories. I'm not going to eat a whole box.
    If 1 donut/200 calories is the tipping point, I have bigger problems to work on.
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I ate half of one, but as expected it really was not worth the calories, because it's been 30 minutes and it's like I haven't had anything to eat yet today. THEY ARE SO EMPTY; but I need to learn by doing and I am learning.

I will be biking extra long this evening in order to enjoy my light dinner, but I guarantee I will be at calorie goal at bedtime :)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    The nearest Krispy Kreme is about 80 miles away, so no free donut for me today. The nearest Dunkin' Donuts is about the same distance, so no free donut with drink purchase today either. I would totally fit a free donut into my calories if it wasn't so far away. :(
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

I spent the first several hours of today under the delusion that someone was going to give me a donut or bring in donuts for the office. The realization that no donut is coming has just set in, and now I see this thread. Salt in my wounds, people. Salt in my wounds. :'(

Donuts-1d1guia.jpg

RIP Donut Dream!

If you have a Dunkin Donuts in your area you can get a free donut (with purchase of drink) today. Sadly, I'm the only one in my office today, so no donuts here either. If I decide to fit one in my day I'll have to go get my own.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    One donut is about 10% of my total calories. If I want one, there's no reason I can't fit one in.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

Donuts-1d1guia.jpg

RIP Donut Dream!

If you have a Dunkin Donuts in your area you can get a free donut (with purchase of drink) today. Sadly, I'm the only one in my office today, so no donuts here either. If I decide to fit one in my day I'll have to go get my own.

Krispy Kreme is offering a free donut without any strings attached.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options

Donuts-1d1guia.jpg

RIP Donut Dream!

We need to form a support group.

Oh, maybe someone will bring donuts to the meeting! Win B)
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I was strong until OP potsed, mainly because I had no idea! No I want a donut. Thanks OP :(

;)
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying my Vanilla Kreme donut now from Dunkin. B)

I'll be asleep in two hours from a sugar crash, but worth it.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I want my doughnut, but I ate my calories in pancakes, so I'm going to have to pass this year.
  • 50ShadesOfAwkward
    50ShadesOfAwkward Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was also under the impression there would be more celebration about this. As soon as I saw the title I thought, "OH! Maybe I'll make donuts tonight!" and I think I will.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

Donuts-1d1guia.jpg

RIP Donut Dream!

We need to form a support group.

Oh, maybe someone will bring donuts to the meeting! Win B)

There are already support groups that already have donuts. It's meeting right now at your local donut shop.