yopeeps025
yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
yftm6aeno4jm.jpg

First pic is around August 2010 weight around 250

or58te9sbylj.jpg

left pic is around June 2011 weight 205

Middle pic around May 2012 weight 265

Right Pic around July 2014 weight 215

I see a lot of threads where people just struggle for so long and yes it it very difficult to get to your goals. I cannot really find a roller coaster that explains the second hump being higher up then the first one. I will say my eating habits were something deeper than just binge eating. My alcohol intake through out those heavy years were very much a problem. I was self medicating with food and alcohol to cover up real issues that I needed to face. I made a choice that those issues must surface and all of them since I was 12. That day really sucked and I wanted to drink so bad just to cover it up. I left it out in a very long cry that ended with a phone call to someone I consider and best friend at midnight doing something I love which is playing halo 3. There has not been anything like the hurt I felt that day and I knew that everything would be ok. I now do not bottle up feelings anymore. I talked more with my brother and my cousin I live with which is awesome. We are a closer family then we ever been.

I will post two more photos maybe three more.

Next pic will be at 200 which is a milestone to getting smaller than I was when I was 11-12 years old.

Pic after is at my weight goal of 10% body fat. Depending on how my chest looks then I will have to make a choice of a very slow deficit or time to bulk up for weight lifting goal.

Final pic will be at my fitness goals.

The one tip I will give to MFP family is if you are feeling down and negative let it out. It might hurt and more likely will hurt but it does help IMO.

Replies

• cookmtn
    cookmtn Posts: 156 Member
    Way to go!
  • KineticCalvaria
    KineticCalvaria Posts: 6 Member
    Excellent work!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    edited October 2014
    Roller coaster gain/loss is difficult. Congrats on getting off the ride and on with life. Hoping the declines will become more consistent for you. :smiley:
  • birdiman
    birdiman Posts: 17 Member
    Awesome job, man! Facing the emotional side of our issues can be incredibly difficult, especially for men. Keep up the good work and you will get where you want to be.
  • yopeeps025
    My best choice was to finally buy a food scale.
  • Buu_kz
    Buu_kz Posts: 89 Member
    I relate to you I have been on a yo yo all my life with my weight from 375 to 155 to 270 to 190 where I am now
  • Paperchains38
    Paperchains38 Posts: 42 Member
    edited January 2015
    Congratulations and well done. I have also been on that roller coaster, i went from 243 to 145 back up to 266 and at the moment i am 219 and i am hoping to get down 165 at some point in the future (i would even be happy with 182).
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    My best choice was to finally buy a food scale.

The food scale is the key!!
  • yopeeps025
    I had a physical today. My last one was in 2012. Yeah I know too long of space in between.

At my last physical I weighed 257.

Today I weighed in 212. My testosterone levels are rising and I do feel it. (396 ng/dl)

I had high cholesterol. Not anymore. I have been eating a lot of egg yolk which we all know has a lot of cholesterol. It does not seem to make a difference. Also MY saturated fat intake is higher then what I read. It seems to make no difference.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Wooohooo! =D Keep kicking butt!
  • queenliz99
    Awesome!!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Wow. Hard words to write, but you've come out of it so much more whole.
  • SallyRamona
    SallyRamona Posts: 73 Member
    Thank you for sharing this. I am a emotional eater and have been finding it hard to break the self medication and denial. It is inspiring to read of others who have broken that cycle
  • yopeeps025
    Milestone weigh in at 201.8. I can't remember being this small. It has to be before age 14.

I can taste onederland.
  • queenliz99
    :)
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Thanks for sharing your story. You have had an incredible rollercoaster ride. I'm hoping it will be all downhill until you reach your goal, weightwise I mean. And all uphill in your life.
  • yopeeps025
    edited June 2015
    My next milestone is to be smaller than my older brother. I think that will happen in two weeks. I am basically there. I might actually change my goal to a little lower depending on body fat % when I get there. I want to go on a long slow bulk phase.

My weight now is unofficially at 192.6
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Nice work!
  • yopeeps025
    NSV

I bough a pair of size 34/32 jeans five years ago. They never did fit until now.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    My next milestone is to be smaller than my older brother. I think that will happen in two weeks. I am basically there. I might actually change my goal to a little lower depending on body fat % when I get there. I want to go on a long slow bulk phase.

My weight now is unofficially at 192.6

I was right and I did pass my brother on my weight. I didn't realize he was increasing though. I am going to guess that the last time I weighed less than him was close to 20 years ago.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!