Protein Powder Recommendations??

Options
Does anyone have any protein powder (for women) that they recommend?? Looking to buy some soon but not quit sure of a specific brand I should get or whats good/works

Replies

• yhealthy2000
    yhealthy2000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I use Biochem. They make their proteins using the purest, non-GMO ingredients. It's loaded with 20 grams of pure whey protein. They also have vegan and organic varieties. Their whey isolates are 100% soy free and 99% lactose free. Their protein comes from grass-fed cows that are rBGH & rBST free† and made in the USA.
  • neesa11
    neesa11 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I really like Gold Standard Optimum 100% whey which you can get at GNC, but I have been using muscle pharm Combat powder (which is nicely priced at costco lately) Both are low in sugar and still taste pretty good. I make protein shakes using almond butter, almond milk, ice and bananas and its a yummy breakfast :D
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I also recommend Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. They have 19 gorgeous tasting flavors, high protein, low fat, low carbs, full of other goodies like BCAAs etc. Good price & excellent quality.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    Protein powder is not gender specific. Any protein powder than a man takes, a woman can also take.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10173206/ask-me-about-protein-powder
  • SaraSteeves1993
    SaraSteeves1993 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I use biox , gold standard most of the time. One or the other is usually on sale when it comes to get more. I've used cellucor as well as mts. But not a fan of those two.
  • irishdancer214
    irishdancer214 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I like whey protein usually...but I cut out artificial sweeteners, so it's a LOT harder for me to find a brand that I like. Isopure Unflavored is pretty good (unflavored isn't
    fabulous tasting but my stomach prefers it!). I also really like some of the plant proteins and egg white proteins...unflavored or natural vanilla. Soy protein is thicker if you like that...I tried the vanilla GNC brand and that was pretty good! How do you plan to use the powder?
  • krystalrsnyder
    krystalrsnyder Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Orgain Organic protein powder. I buy mine at costco. It's dairy, soy lactose, gluten and GMO free. It's also natural sweetener with Stevia which is important to me because I can't have artificial sweeteners. I love mixing it with almond milk and ice... It's delicious!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I use Ensure Active high Protein powder, as it seems to be the easiest protein powder for my body to digest. In the past I've used Shakeology which made me sick to my stomach so I had to stop drinking it. I also used GNC lean 25 shakes, Ideal shakes, Quest, and Pure Protein, all of which were pretty good.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I can't tolerate whey protein so use an organic rice protein with lots of essential amino acids from Nutribiotic (you can find it on Amazon and they have a small jar so you can try it first). So far I like the vanilla and the chocolate. I mix it with frozen blueberries, ground flax, coconut water, fresh spinach and 2% plain greek yogurt. The days I don't drink it, I really start craving it by the next day. Generally, I only drink it about an hour before a workout.
  • vharding7
    vharding7 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    Protein powder is not gender specific. Any protein powder than a man takes, a woman can also take.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10173206/ask-me-about-protein-powder

this.
  • LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just received PEScience and LOVE it!! Tastes amazing and isn't chalky!!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    A protein powder specifically designed for women? Why? What's in women's protein that's not in men's, or vise versa?
  • prasadsurve
    prasadsurve Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    BSN Syntha-6 tastes fantastic. Macros are decent.
  • THenry8
    THenry8 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love to drink these Body Fortress Whey Protein powder! I usually get the Vanilla and Chocolate kinds, cause they taste awesome while it is chilled in the fridge! It taste like a regular milkshake, but with tons of protein and without the bad stuff in it! I would recommend you also get fiber powder, flax seeds, etc.. to get the amount you need! I sometimes love to flavor the drink up with some fruits and veggies sometimes as well
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I've been using Nutiva Hemp Protein lately. I like it: 15 g protein, 12 g fiber per serving. I blend it with unsweetened soy milk and PB2 w/ cocoa.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    A protein powder specifically designed for women? Why? What's in women's protein that's not in men's, or vise versa?

A quick shot of Estrogen right to the gut ;);)
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    French Vanilla Designer Whey is my favorite. I have a 4 lb. tub that lives on my counter because I have 1-2 scoops per day typically.
  • ReturnOfTheMacros
    ReturnOfTheMacros Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    BioX Power Whey Isolate
    (1 serving, 35g, 140 cals)
    Macros: P 30g/ C 2g / F 1g

Also contains digestive enzymes to help with digestion.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    The one I've liked up to now, with the best protein to calorie ratio is body fortress. Sold at Walmart. 30g protein for 130 calories. I'm curious now about the BioX Power Whey listed in a thread above. Going to have to find that one to try.