I don't want to do this ALONE!

I'm looking to befriend other women who are on a journey similar to mine. I'm 30, married, with a 1 1/2 year old little girl. I'm a stay at home mom. I'm around 240 lbs so I know this is going to be quite the adventure. I've got a lot of learning to do. I want to have someone that I can vent to and vice versa. I want to be able to talk about our day to day wins and fails. Everything from diet and exercise to kids, spouse, work, etc.

Replies

• FitHealthyBKY
    FitHealthyBKY Posts: 30 Member
    Good morning! Vent to me if you like...I'm 27 married with a 2 year old little boy. I work from home and I'm currently 261lbs.. Just finding my feet on here although i've had the app for so long.

Feel free to add me.
  • QuallyLeShay
    QuallyLeShay Posts: 37 Member
    Good news is you don't have to do it alone! There are limitless resources and all of us here! I started at 260 and am down around 200. It can be done and there are a ton of us here that want you to be successful! 29 with two little ones ages 2 and 4. Add me if you'd like.
  • mindyaf83
    mindyaf83 Posts: 19 Member
    Hey, I'm 32 and have three kids. I just went back to work after having my baby boy. Its hard finding time and energy to work out with kids.
  • desihoff
    desihoff Posts: 3 Member
    I'm looking to befriend other women who are on a journey similar to mine. I'm 30, married, with a 1 1/2 year old little girl. I'm a stay at home mom. I'm around 240 lbs so I know this is going to be quite the adventure. I've got a lot of learning to do. I want to have someone that I can vent to and vice versa. I want to be able to talk about our day to day wins and fails. Everything from diet and exercise to kids, spouse, work, etc.

• desihoff
    desihoff Posts: 3 Member
    I have no children, only animals currently. But I am super lazy and absolutely hate excercise... turns out.. I'm fat. Weird how that works. I'm so unmotivated to lose weight, however a recent trip to the Dr changed that as I'm only almost 32 and have the "highest cholesterol she's seen for someone in their 30's"..nothing makes me feel better than to hear I'm too fat.. long story short for health reasons I need to lose weight...I'm definitely in need of help and support. And I in return would do the same for you!
  • sapphire1166
    sapphire1166 Posts: 114 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm 31 with a nearly-2 year old little girl and I work full time. I started at 235 lbs but I'm now at 214 lbs. I'd love to be your friend!
  • krazyjenn6996
    krazyjenn6996 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 32 with 2 children under the age of 4 & I work 2 jobs, I started my weight loss/fitness journey about a year and a half ago and im now down 94llbs! I have 45 lbs left to go! It can be done! :)
  • ampenton121005
    ampenton121005 Posts: 4 Member
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm 30 with 3 boys in ages 6,3 and 5 months. I am hovering around 190+/- and am finding it so hard to get the baby weight odd this time! Also stay at home mom.
  • DianaN1974
    DianaN1974 Posts: 1 Member
    I so need this support as much as all of you do... this is amazing to uplift each other in the hardest of battles. We can do this ladies!!!
  • LisaTRM
    LisaTRM Posts: 28 Member
    I'm 36 with 3 kiddos. I have had some weight loss, and gained it back :neutral: I too would like to hear some real struggles of others...it makes me feel more normal. I think we are all here on a journey, and the more support we can give each other, the more successful we will all be.
  • phanatic82
    phanatic82 Posts: 27 Member
    Hey, I'm 33 years old, mom of a 2yo little girl, and recently separated. Unfortunately food has always been my support, so between an emotionally abusive marriage to a tough separation, I am now at my heaviest weight ever. But it's time to make it stop. I would be glad to be your friend :-) I could use all the help and motivation I can get too!
  • rosy2car
    rosy2car Posts: 13 Member
    With MFP you're never alone...we are all your cheerleaders!!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Hi there! Vent away, you're in good company. I'm a SAHM of 3 kids: almost 6, 4, and 10 months. I'll send you a request.
  • xjorlando
    xjorlando Posts: 18 Member
    Feel free to add me and any other ladies! Looking for people who are active and motivates each other.. Im a mommy to a 1.5yr old and currently 25wks prego! Truing stay active and eat healthy 80-90% of the time ;)
  • Loving all this support ladies! My mantra : just keep swimming just keep swimming lol
  • biancawild
    biancawild Posts: 9 Member
    I'm 26, married, and a SAHM to 3 kiddos ages 4, 3, and 19 months. Hubby and I are ttc but I would really love to lose about 30lbs before then. I would love some motivation and support.
  • carol060606
    carol060606 Posts: 14 Member
    Hey I'm 40 also looking fir advice and support to help me on my journey, feel free to add me..all friends appreciated! X
  • DeeBerning
    DeeBerning Posts: 131 Member
    I've done this before and MFP is always a major part of my journey. The last time I was using this site I lost 45 pounds. Yeah me! But then life happened and I let stress and depression win the battle. I put 30 of those pounds back on and I am NOT happy and just don't feel good. I'm back at it and more determined than ever.

The stress is not gone and won't be for some time BUT I am NOT letting have the control or power anymore.

I've got a total 80 pounds I'd like to lose from here. If you'd like some support, I will be on here daily. I promise to cheer on your victories and give you support when you need a kick in the behind. All I ask is that you provide the same....

Send me a friend request if interested.... and, good luck on your journey. Let's kick FATS butt!
  • teanahk
    teanahk Posts: 81 Member
    I'm 34, a SAHM with an almost 2 year old. I started a few months ago at 225ish and am now down to just under 200.

I'll send you a request, anybody who likes can send me one :)
  • thisisdana718
    thisisdana718 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm right there with you. My kid is 3.5 and I just finished grad school I have been struggling with weight loss depression and anxiety for about 10 years and am ready for recovery to start.

I started making changes yesterday and would love more support.

Dana