National Donut Day

Options
2»

Replies

• Da_Big_Kahuna
    Da_Big_Kahuna Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I came in here to celebrate National Donut Day and was sadly disappointed. :(

I spent the first several hours of today under the delusion that someone was going to give me a donut or bring in donuts for the office. The realization that no donut is coming has just set in, and now I see this thread. Salt in my wounds, people. Salt in my wounds. :'(

Donuts-1d1guia.jpg

RIP Donut Dream!

If you have a Dunkin Donuts in your area you can get a free donut (with purchase of drink) today. Sadly, I'm the only one in my office today, so no donuts here either. If I decide to fit one in my day I'll have to go get my own.

We need to form a support group.

Oh, maybe someone will bring donuts to the meeting! Win B)

There are already support groups that already have donuts. It's meeting right now at your local donut shop.

I LOLed

:#
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options

I spent the first several hours of today under the delusion that someone was going to give me a donut or bring in donuts for the office. The realization that no donut is coming has just set in, and now I see this thread. Salt in my wounds, people. Salt in my wounds. :'(

Donuts-1d1guia.jpg

RIP Donut Dream!

If you have a Dunkin Donuts in your area you can get a free donut (with purchase of drink) today. Sadly, I'm the only one in my office today, so no donuts here either. If I decide to fit one in my day I'll have to go get my own.

We need to form a support group.

Oh, maybe someone will bring donuts to the meeting! Win B)

There are already support groups that already have donuts. It's meeting right now at your local donut shop.

[Tries to find this donut shop. Fails.]

issues.png

It's not meant to happen for me today, you guys. Everyone knows all of the good donut places close at lunch. ;)
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I made the donuts for donut day!

255 cals a pop. But frigging delish.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I had a Glazed doughnut from Krispy Kreme for breakfast. 190 calories. Totally worth it. It was ooey gooey warm.

If you can make it fit, go for it. If not.... well... no doughnuts for you. Or just go over a bit, log it and move on.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

Donuts-1d1guia.jpg

RIP Donut Dream!
    Aww. It's not gonna rain donuts???
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

Donuts-1d1guia.jpg

RIP Donut Dream!
    Aww. It's not gonna rain donuts???

Now I'm imagining such a blessed event. Thanks.

2149501_orig.jpg

Look how happy this guy's day is!

Lol
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    This explains why our EVP brought everyone doughnuts this morning. I abstained, and admitted to him that I am a strict calorie counter.
  • jasonallenross
    jasonallenross Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had a donut yesterday. No big deal, I tracked it like anything else, I just made sure I burned it off or didn't have dessert later.
  • oldfashchic
    oldfashchic Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My supervisor was going to bring in donuts but remembered i was in a diet. God bless her heart.
  • RebeccaD22
    RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @brynnsmom Good for you! :)
    @oldfashchic That is a good boss. How nice!
  • galaxyeyed
    galaxyeyed Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    There's not a krispy kreme near me and dunkin's dry donuts made of air just make me sad :( I'll treat myself to ice cream instead :yum:
  • 2009jewellz
    2009jewellz Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I was off work today! No donuts in sight!!!
  • RebeccaD22
    RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @2009jewellz I'd rather have the day off! lol
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I made a point of going out and getting donuts this morning. I ate more than one.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Doughnuts aren't big here.... Everyone goes berserk at the opening of a KK shop (rare as hens teeth) but I think they're gross. So no doughnuts for me....

I'll just reminisce about the mixed box of 12 doughnuts my husband and I shared from the Doughnut Plant NYC one morning when we went for a holiday... They were amazing!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I know it's the day after but I did have a Dunkin Donuts chocolate frosted one. I looked at the nutritional info for it and another kind I like, decided on that, logged it and had it. I stayed within my calorie goals and it was a nice treat since I have cut back on them to about once a year. I used to buy 6 at a time. I will say I was glad I was off work last night, since someone posted a pic on FB of the breakroom without about six dozen donuts and a bunch of donut holes sitting on the table. That would have been difficult.