Self-tanner recs please!

Options
ladybug1620
ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
Anyone use an at-home self tanner that they would like to recommend? I saw some Neutrogena airbrush spray at the store but I'm terrified to turn into an Oompa Loompa. I've had professional airbrush tans before, but I don't feel like having to wait for an appointment.. Need to get some color before we head to the beach on Friday!

Replies

• brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Hope you don't turn into this!
    bad-tan.jpg
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    bad-tan.jpg

LMFAO!

I was going to suggest Lancome self tanning lotion but not sure how that will hold up in the water.....
  • ladybug1620
    Options
    bad-tan.jpg
    No way...I'd use darker lipstick and stuff.:)
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love the Jergens Natural Glow FOAM- it seems to work faster than the lotion and it doesn't streak or look orange. I also love Loreal Sublime! I use the sublime if I am going to be on the beach or outside because it has a little it of sparkle in it. Good luck!
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have used the following:
    Coppertone, Banana Boat & Jergens.
    With the Coppertone & Banana Boat-- you get more color with one application-- just make sure you prep your skin before you use (meaning exfoliate-- if your skin is dry before you apply, it will look terrible).
    The Jergens is a gradual color change and takes about 4 applications to really notice a difference.
    And one more note-- make sure to always completely rub in-- if you leave any lotion marks on top of your skin, it will make a streak.:glasses:
  • BethHanson
    BethHanson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like Neutrogena Foam, but I really only use tanners on my legs, I am scared to try it anywhere else...But I like the color I get from it and I think the foam makes it easy to rub in and not miss spots. Start with a little and add as needed!
  • LeanaJo
    LeanaJo Posts: 85
    Options
    I only like a little bit of self-tanner on my face, but I never use it on my entire body (I do go sunbathing 2 times a week for 1 hour; May-August only).

But I use Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion (by Banana Boat; in deep dark color) on my face. Gives me that great tan and glow on my face. And I don't have to wear much makeup either. It's not too dark or too light either. Just a nice light bronze glow to it.
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    I sometimes use the Neutregena (spelling) brand on my legs, it's a mist. It doesn't streak or look orange or anything... :) I love it.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Loreal Sublime bronze ... but add a bit of regular lotion when you use it, and exfoliate before

If you're very pale colored, ANY self tanner will look orange on you if you don't add the bit of extra lotion to "dilute" it... trust me, I've experimented with self tanners for years...
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Jergens Natural Glow Foam is awesome!
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I was born with my tan..but To look like a Oompa Lumpa would be kinda cool LOL
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    I just ordered the Faux Tan by Bare Escentuals... I do have the Loreal Gelee and its ok...
  • twinsmommaplus1
    twinsmommaplus1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I was wondering the same thing! With the foam can you get your back very well? Last year I used Neutrogena Spray tan, but the spray nozzle kept breaking....very frustrating!
  • ladybug1620
    Options
    I just ordered the Faux Tan by Bare Escentuals... I do have the Loreal Gelee and its ok...
    My sister just recommended this to me. She hasn't tried it, but two of her friends have and she said they looked amazing. Even better than a professional airbrush tan. So I ran to the mall right now and picked some up.
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    So many options! I'm day-glo white if I don't get out in the sun a little, so I think I need to find a decent self tanner too....
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    good topic!
  • KellyS0828
    KellyS0828 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like the TruBlue Spa gradual tanner from Bath and Body Works. It doesn't leave streaks and you can adjust how dark you want the tan. However, the spray tan option from a salon is the absolute best way to go. I go to Image Sun, and it looks really good after your done.
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm using Loreal Sublime Bronze ProPerfect Salon Airbrush, and it sprays an even mist, dries almost instantly, and looks even and natural. I recommend it.
  • LeanaJo
    LeanaJo Posts: 85
    Options
    Loreal Sublime bronze ... but add a bit of regular lotion when you use it, and exfoliate before

If you're very pale colored, ANY self tanner will look orange on you if you don't add the bit of extra lotion to "dilute" it... trust me, I've experimented with self tanners for years...

I like Loreal Sublime Bronze too! But I only use it on my face.