Starting Strong Curves, am I doing it right???

Options
Okay, so I am starting this Strong Curves program, and I started today. I'm doing it at home, and I'm not sore and didn't really break a sweat during the workout.
Is it supposed to be easy at first? Or do I need to up my weights? I did some of the exercises for the B & C days, and even then those aren't "challenging".
fkjv8bhnf9eh.jpg

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I mean...you did the workout. Except for using a barbell for bench. Those are light weights. Are you completely new to exercise/lifting? I think it would be easy for anyone who is not a complete beginner.
  • IAmAPearl
    IAmAPearl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ok, I guess my question was do I stick with "easy" weights for awhile and just do it, or do I need more weight?

I actually have a bench and some weights, it just said dumbells so I used the heaviest I had. Should I use the barbells instead of the dumbells?

I'm new to lifting weights, but not new to bodyweight exercises like squats, pushups, and hip thrusts. Is that why it wasn't hard? I really only struggles with the planks.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Well everything in the workout is bodyweight or dumbbell except for the bench press. So if you're comfortable benching the bar, try that next time. Also if the program was WAY too easy, try going up. Sorry, I have only skimmed through SC but would like to try it. I'm not sure if there is a specific way to add weight each week or even for each set. Some others will come along and be more help.
  • IAmAPearl
    Options
    Yeah there wasn't really any advice on what weights to start with or when to go up, etc. in the book.
    Thank you so much though, I'll just keep adding more until it becomes a challenge!
  • Anji002
    Anji002 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My personal rule of thumb is to go heavier than I think I can. If I can't finish the set, or my form is crap at the end, I go down for the next set.
  • IAmAPearl
    Options
    Thank you! I think I was really looking to hear that it needs to be a challenge!! Thank you!!!
  • galaxyeyed
    galaxyeyed Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If it's easy then you're not lifting enough. You may want to get an adjustable set of dumbbells, you'll grow out of them pretty quickly. I went from 15 to 25 on the one armed row just in week 1-4. Also if the abduction is too easy, you can try adding a band :)