Ladies and Cravings

Options
Do any ladies find themselves starving and dying of cravings during their TOTM?
I really want to eat everything, moreso than usual!

Replies

• running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    only all the time! I think I've gained 5 lbs because I gave into all my cravings : (
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!!! i just try to resist the best i can. i find that grazing more than having a big meal at that time helps me.
  • sittingduck180
    Options
    Definitely - it's inevitable that my "bottomless pit" feeling comes up. I've tried to make sure I have something distractingly fun planned (movie, lunch out) so that I focus on that instead of wandering around the kitchen like a yeti. Also, have on hand stuff you can eat a heck of a lot of without doing too much damage (unbuttered popcorn, twizzlers, rice cakes, etc).
  • Kiwi_09
    Kiwi_09 Posts: 65
    Options
    I often give in to my cravings, the trick is just to have a little bit .
    Usually a small portion will be good enough to get rid of the craving.
    If you have a few bad days, make sure you have a few extra good days once your TOTM is gone.
    Consider it zig-zagging.
  • Mals1805
    Mals1805 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good to see ladies are discussing the TOTM. I seem like I am craving ginger ale and chocolate! Then when I wake up in the morning, I am full of energy, but through out the day, I fee like I am gonna crash and burn. Then when I am " going through the visit" I barly have the energy to walk around my house, I feel so tired and crampy. HELP!!

Thanks for the help!!
  • Fatlorenzo
    Fatlorenzo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Mals, maybe you're anaemic? TOTM doesnt help with that! Try having more wholegrain foods, dark choc, things that wont make your sugars go up and down madly!
    Good Luck
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I crave calcium and dairy on my TOM. if it has milk, cream, butter, cheese....etc then it will find a way to my mouth
  • bex481
    bex481 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    UGH! This is me now! I have crumbled this month and given in to almost all my bad cravings. Don't even want to look at the scale!! And i have had little to no motivation to do my workouts. Not a good combination!! But i'm just going to push through this weeka nd do the best I can. Next has to be better!! :)
  • veriviki
    veriviki Posts: 44
    Options
    YES! I give in, but try to use portion control. Prepackaged snacks are great because then you know exactly how much you are eating. I am definitely guilty of grabbing "just one more" handful of chips or another chocolate and it turning into 10 more. If you do slip just exercise it off and don't worry about it. Everyone needs to give into a craving once in a while.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have just this minute been told about this. Apparently women need more carbs during their TOM to balance out their hormones. Not having enough results in PMT.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    YES!!! It's always been like that for me. Usually a few days before I want to just eat and eat and eat. This time around I have tried to make it more healthy.

Baby carrots and a greek yogurt with spinach and artichoke heart dip
    Watermelon
    Apple slice with some fruit dip
    If I stayed in or just a little under my calories I would allow for one square of a dark chocolate bar, might sound funny but you would not believe how motivating that one square can be.