Turned down for Insurance

Options
I have just been turned down for accident and sickness insurance ( I am self employed in the UK) because my BMI is too high!! I was told drop to 39 and the will accept me currently I'm 46.6 let's hope this is the motivation I need. If anyone wants to help me keep motivated please add me

Replies

• tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I used to sell insurance and all salesmen, myself included, love getting commission so if they can insure you, they will. Most importantly don't give up just cause you get rejected. Better BMI and overall health will make you happier and if the bundle of joy in the pic is yours, put a pic up at work to motivate you to live a long life and watch them grow.
    You don't need to be told this but if your BMI is 46, you should consider seeing a therapist. Ask your doc to recommend one. It may seem drastic and slightly "American", but we all have underlying causes. Don't tell yourself that you're fat or lazy, they are results, not causes.
    You can do it. Go for it. Aim for a 2-3 lbs drop in the first week. Do it now. Don't have one last Mars bar, curry etc.
  • Modo66
    Modo66 Posts: 13 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi Tom
    The little bundle is my 5th grandchild :smile: the insurance is for work and I will get to 39 BMI :smiley:
  • cpp_happy
    cpp_happy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    What great motivation!!!!! You an do this :)
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    That grandchild sounds like a much better motivator brother - good on you!
  • yhealthy2000
    yhealthy2000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do this! Put an effort every day. Start with a 30 minute walk. And start with a healthier food choice. Start cutting down on fatty foods and in its place add sautéed or grilled veggies. Start now! 30 minutes & one good food in place of one bad!!
  • Modo66
    Modo66 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :smile: