Please create a workout routine for me!!!

Options
Hello everybody!
I am 27 years old and mother to an almost 2 yr old boy. I am 176 pounds and want to get down to 120 to 125 pounds. I am 5.2''. Consider me a beginner, I have a mat , couple of dumbbells of 1kg, 2kg, 5kg and 10 kg. An exercise ball. I can't leave home so please create a workout routine that can be done at home. I am ready to do 30 minutes to 45 minutes of activity. I am trying to eat 1500 calories a day.
I am really confused so please any inputs are appreciated.

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I am sure others will give ideas for workouts, but I am sure you can find stuff on youtube.

Make sure you get your nutrition in order.
    You are looking to lose about 50 lbs, so if you manage ~2lbs a week, you are looking at 6 months.

Make sure you are getting adequate protein and fat.
    Protein should be ~0.8 gr - 1.0 gr / pound of body weight
    Fat should be ~0.4 gr / pound of body weight.
    The remainder of your calories can be fat.

Protein and Carbs 1 gr == 4 calories
    Fat 1g == 9 calories
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Stop by your local library. While you're picking up books and a video for your 2-year-old (:wink:) browse the non-fiction videos for a few workouts to try. I've found ballet and belly dance, weight circuit training, walking, zumba, and martial arts. They are usually free to check out for a week or two. It's a good way to try things out and get ideas of what's out there and what you like and don't like.

YouTube is also a pretty good place to find things, but it's hard if you have no idea what you want to look for.
  • truediamond11
    truediamond11 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys bt i wanted a structured routine :(
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com is pretty good. They've got a lot of different types of workout routines for strength training, cardio, hiit, barre, calisthenics, etc.
    I don't think anyone can create a routine for you, but you can create your own using online tools.
    It's not confusing. Just stay within your calories and try and get some good work-outs in. I always utilize my kids naptime for workouts.
  • jerogers4s
    jerogers4s Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bikini body mommy challenge on YouTube is what I'm doing right now. She has 4 challenges that each last 90 days. She mixes up strength days and cardio days. I'm only on day 5 of the first challenge and so far so good. I'm not really a big fan of workout dvds, but I like this one.
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Check out bodybuilding dot com, they have lots of different programs to choose from, including some that are home-based workouts. They are all free. I've used several of their programs, and liked all of them, but I do my workouts at the gym so I can't point you towards a specific one I liked, as it wouldn't be what you're looking for. Then just use MFP to set your macro goals and log your food. You'll be good to go!
  • NesCastanon
    NesCastanon Posts: 101 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    HUH?? Every body is different so my workout may not be the best to help you achieve goals. Figure out what your goal is and go and look up some excercises that can be done utilizing the equipment you have. Sorry, not trying to be rude but you have to do some research on your own.
  • paxil739er
    paxil739er Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody!
    I am 27 years old and mother to an almost 2 yr old boy. I am 176 pounds and want to get down to 120 to 125 pounds. I am 5.2''. Consider me a beginner, I have a mat , couple of dumbbells of 1kg, 2kg, 5kg and 10 kg. An exercise ball. I can't leave home so please create a workout routine that can be done at home. I am ready to do 30 minutes to 45 minutes of activity. I am trying to eat 1500 calories a day.
    Hello everybody!
    .....30 minutes off nonstop inclined speed walking followed by vermin strength trading machines. You burn more calories sleepwalking atan incline than running....good luck.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Maybe buy some fitness DVDs? Sometimes they come on sets so you can alternate them. That might be a good structured way to use your time and space since you can't get to a gym or a treadmill.
    Are you looking more for cardio, strength, a combo, or something else?
  • carolynhodge1
    carolynhodge1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for everything to help me loose weight and Rone my body.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    To lose weight you need a calorie deficit, for exercise try Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred is a great program to start. Her 3/2/1 strength, cardio & abs is perfect to do at home and best of all it's only 30 minutes. Good luck.