Sugar or Salt cravings

Options
what do you do when you are craving something sweet or something salty? Yesterday I went and exercised and felt a lot better, but the craving was still there just not as strong.

Replies

• TheRoseRoss
    TheRoseRoss Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I crave salt. I eat an apple, and drink a glass of skim milk. I don't know why, but I usually don't want to eat anything afterward.
  • Skank99
    Skank99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful tip. :-)
  • igotmywish1508
    igotmywish1508 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Pretzles @nd hummas.... or skinny cows
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Salt craving- Celery cures it for me. I think it tastes salty by itself, but when I want a little pizzazz with it I do a yogurt-ranch mixed with horseradish sauce. Does the trick.

Sweet is harder for me as it is my Achilles heel. Knowing this I work fruit into my daily diet and that helps overall. However, when I get a specific craving (like ice-cream tonight ;P) I have found just going ahead and working it into my calories for the day is better then avoiding completely. When I avoid it I end up eating more overall trying to end the craving. I just try to keep the "treating" to once a week & at a reasonable portion.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Skank99 wrote: »
    what do you do when you are craving something sweet or something salty? Yesterday I went and exercised and felt a lot better, but the craving was still there just not as strong.

If you are craving salt you may need to eat more because it is require to be healthy. On the other hand humans do not have to eat sweet things to be healthy but may crave sugar for a quick fix for low energy.

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Have something sweet or salty. If it fits your calorie deficit, it won't hurt your weight loss.
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Cravings come when your body is lacking vitamins or minerals. Do you take vitamins?