how fit do you have to be to run a c25k

Options
hi i want to do it but im very very very unfit and weight 300 pounds thanks

Replies

• thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Start slowly and build from there. There are C25K programs out there that work well. That's how I went about it. Just do the best you can and advance as you're ready to advance. Make sure you have a good pair of shoes that fit properly.
  • Ishii19
    Ishii19 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I agree - start slow. Take rest days. Don't feel bad if you can't complete day one - just repeat it the next time you go out and the next until you can - then you'll be fit enough for day two :) Be patient with yourself - it's not about pushing yourself to the limit - the more miles you put down the better of a runner you'll be. And yes it's "running" even if the pace is slower than your walk - runners are an inclusive group :) There's a great C25K group on here with lots of tips and support. Happy running!
  • fat_destroyer1
    fat_destroyer1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    thanks guys
  • swampus99
    swampus99 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was obese when I started. I took about two weeks longer with the program than advertised, but I did it. I was sloooow, but I kept at it. Good luck!
  • irsyadnh
    irsyadnh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So it's acclamation, Yes start slowly. Give yourself a motivation or run with people who support you. Plus do it for fun so you slowly enjoy it.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Can you walk for half an hour? If not, start with a program aimed at walking to run. If you google it , there are several variations. Once you can walk comfortably, you can start a c25k.