Just started my diet

Options
i just started my diet today and I was wondering if eating small portions really help? & how many days will it take to see results?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Maybe. It depends.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    By 'small portions', do you mean 'less than you usually eat'? Because yes, that will help :)

If you haven't already, my advice will be to get a food scale and use it to weigh everything that goes in your mouth. Weight can fluctuate due to water retention and other factors not related to fat loss, so it's impossible to say when you will see 'results', but if you know for a fact that you are eating at a deficit then the fat will come off eventually.
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Just eat within your calorie allowance and you will lose weight. Simples.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    CICO.
  • hollygparr
    hollygparr Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    lewispwest wrote: »
    Just eat within your calorie allowance and you will lose weight. Simples.

This. And if you want to lose weight AND feel good, eat nutritionally balanced meals so keep an eye on your macros.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Depends how you like to eat

Weigh all your food and log accurately

And then if you are the type of person who likes to graze constantly then portion out your calories appropriately ..but you could enjoy one big meal a day

It's really up to you ...all that matters is eating to your calorie defecit across the week...and keeping on keeping on
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    If you eat small portions of cookies, cake, and ice cream all day, no, it won't help.