Low fat High protein snacks/meals!!

Options
i am having problems finding snacks that are low in fat but high in protein. Any ideas??

Replies

• BoxerGidget
    BoxerGidget Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try looking on pinterest they have some really good protein muffins. High protein, quick easy grab. Easy one is...... 1scoop protein, banana, 1C egg whites, 1 egg, 1tsp cinnamon, and/or steel cut oats 1/4 c blend all together. Bake at 350 for 12-20 min till brown and poke clean.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Jerky, Greek yogurt, lean meatballs, hummus
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (highest protein i've seen is the Costco Kirkland brand at 18g per serving)
    Cheese strings
    Eggs
    Protein shakes
    Protein bars
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Depends what you're looking for.. like others, Greek yogurt is good. I've anywhere from 13-24 grams of protein with around 140 calories. I usually add Nature Valley granola to the yogurt.. it's got 10 grams of protein and 210 calories. Two percent cottage cheese has about 14 grams of protein with about 100 calories. I just discovered Power Bars, which have 20 grams of protein with 210 calories. There's a few suggestions!
  • cjcolorado
    cjcolorado Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% Greek yogurt (I swirl in a little bit of whole fruit jam, fresh fruit, and almonds)--the yogurt alone is 23g protein.
    Pacific Gold beef jerky (Costco)--11g protein
    Low-fat cottage cheese
    Quick egg-white omelet w/feta and Italian tomatoes, spinach
    Almonds
    Smoothie: milk, protein powder, greek yogurt, whatever flavor you like added (fruit, coconut...)

• cassleep
    cassleep Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you for all the ideas!! This was very helpful :)
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Dont fear eating good fats! Unless you are avoiding them for a specific reason. I realize fats have a lot of cals per unit but there are so many good snacks like Nuts and stuff with fats that it really cuts out a lot if you need strictly high protein snacks. Cottage cheese & yogurt come to mind as obvious choices. Protein shake, even with 1% milk is great. Protein bars CAN work ONLY if they arent loaded with sugar which many are. ;)
  • fferbz
    fferbz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Osterich steaks! Fairly cheap and one (the ones i buy) contains 26g of protein with just 1.6g gram of fat, and, in my opinion they are nicer than a beer steak
  • JahanLindy
    JahanLindy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Try Eggs, vegetables- less oil and meat
  • crawfzilla
    crawfzilla Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Ostrich steaks?
    I can't see that being legal.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to limit fat? I gave into the whole 'low fat' thing too then figured out that it's the mix of protein and fat (with some fiber) that keeps me full the longest.