Any mommas out there who wanna be friends/support systems?

Options
I'm 26 years old with a 6 and 2 year old. I am down 25 lbs so far and looking to lose 10 more by August. I'm proud of my progress. I started in February. I'm a SAHM. Anyone else losing baby weight?!

Replies

• nadiakarnatova
    nadiakarnatova Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess! I am going to be 30 in July and I have 3 children ages 8/5/3. I am 5"6 and currently weight 136 pounds . My goal is to loose 11 pounds . I really would love to loose at least 5 pounds for our vocation next month on the 3rd of July . My plan is walking for 2 hours daily and eating more protein and vegetables and fruits . And ofcurse water water water !
  • jesskm94
    jesskm94 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess! I am going to be 30 in July and I have 3 children ages 8/5/3. I am 5"6 and currently weight 136 pounds . My goal is to loose 11 pounds . I really would love to loose at least 5 pounds for our vocation next month on the 3rd of July . My plan is walking for 2 hours daily and eating more protein and vegetables and fruits . And ofcurse water water water !

Three kids! You're blessed! And 5 lbs should be easily done. You can do it! Where do you vacation? My goal is 10 lbs by August because we to to the outer banks in August. ☀️☺️
  • cruzmom123
    cruzmom123 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My son is 16-months-old. I gained a total of 40 pounds during my pregnancy and I've lost 31 since joining MFP. These last few pounds are being really stubborn however I am getting lots of compliments and even my pre-pregnancy clothes fit looser.
  • jesskm94
    Options
    cruzmom123 wrote: »
    My son is 16-months-old. I gained a total of 40 pounds during my pregnancy and I've lost 31 since joining MFP. These last few pounds are being really stubborn however I am getting lots of compliments and even my pre-pregnancy clothes fit looser.

Such an amazing feeling when your clothes start to fit again! Congrats, do you have any plans on how to work off the weight they you want to lose?
  • aadams2150
    aadams2150 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids 5 and 8 year olds, and having a hard time losing my baby weight lol. My weight has ballooned up to almost my second trimester weight. Trying to get motivated.
  • Kermanaz
    Kermanaz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Jess and friends, I have two children: daughter 1 year 11 months and son 2 months. I never put on much weight in both pregnancies 9 and 2 lbs but I've ballooned from a mere 135 lbs when I got married in 2007 to 172 with second child. After this delivery I was 156 lbs. I've been in the gym straight boot camp for a month now and eating well and I have so far lost 10 pounds. It is very possible to lose 10 pounds but with some discipline....baby calls brb lol
  • emmyrn21
    emmyrn21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had my son February 21st. I gained 95 pounds while I was pregnant. I'm down 36 pounds so far. Feel free to add me :-)
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom of two (3 and 5 months) and determined to get back to pre baby #1 weight. I am down almost 14 lbs now but have another 20-30 to go.

Congrats on your loss so far! How are you doing it? I've done two rounds of 21 day fix and am currently doing insanity.

Feel free to add me.:)
  • biancawild
    biancawild Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I've used MFP on and off but not consistently. I really need to change that.
    I am a SAHM to 3 kids aged 4, 3, and 19 months. I would love some mommy friends to help me stay motivated and on track. I really need to lose about 30lbs.
    First goal is 10-15lbs by August. So you think it's doable?
  • BeautifulLoser1985
    BeautifulLoser1985 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'd like to be friends. I have two year old twins... Finally getting serious about getting in shape. I had lost 40 pounds before getting pregnant, and while I quickly returned to my pre pregnancy weight my body is all flab and no muscle... Hence my old cloths don't fit! I have been counting calories for a month or so and started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred about a week ago, hoping to trade in some fat for muscle and get into my old wardrobe. It's definitely hard finding time and motivation to take care of yourself with little ones, though. My husband works out of town so I can't go to the gym or anything.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Me too! 3 and a 2 year old. Having them so close together really made losing weight challenging for me. I feel the house is mostly under control now and am starting Jillian michaels today! I need to lose about 20 lbs. would love to be mutual support :) also a sahm
  • ruhi1406
    ruhi1406 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow mamas! I had my first son in January this year... Besides weight lifting and bouncing him, I just started the p90x3 workout challenge! HW - 147 CW - 121 GW - 115. Feel free to add me as well! I work with my husband for 3 days a week and spend the rest at home.
  • jesskm94
    Options
    Me too! 3 and a 2 year old. Having them so close together really made losing weight challenging for me. I feel the house is mostly under control now and am starting Jillian michaels today! I need to lose about 20 lbs. would love to be mutual support :) also a sahm

20 lbs is so doable! I've found that running and a clean diet are all you need. I've just started adding strength training in for toning. You can lose the weight but after a baby you def need to tighten things lol
  • jesskm94
    Options
    Hi :) I'd like to be friends. I have two year old twins... Finally getting serious about getting in shape. I had lost 40 pounds before getting pregnant, and while I quickly returned to my pre pregnancy weight my body is all flab and no muscle... Hence my old cloths don't fit! I have been counting calories for a month or so and started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred about a week ago, hoping to trade in some fat for muscle and get into my old wardrobe. It's definitely hard finding time and motivation to take care of yourself with little ones, though. My husband works out of town so I can't go to the gym or anything.

Wow! Twins would be tough to get a work out in! I work out during my 2 year olds nap time! I know it's easier to relax or do household things but I try to make myself a priority now too! Do you have an elliptical or treadmill? I was able to get a cheap elliptical online for 100 dollars and I love it!
  • BeautifulLoser1985
    BeautifulLoser1985 Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It is tough and I was doing it during nap, but as you know there is really so much else to do lol. The past few days I have made them participate with me! I got them dog toys that look like weights and they try for the first four minutes or so! Then they lose interest but I am refusing to respond to non important requests from them. I do have a tony little glider, I just bought it second hand. I really like it! I can't do that with them around as I'm sure they will stand by it and get hit by the ski lol. I do that after they go to bed if I have the energy. The glider doesn't even feel like exercise! I'm glad you are starting to prioritize yourself... It takes some getting used to, but in the end you will all be happier :)
  • arelis1980
    arelis1980 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    oh goodness, reading this is like reading my own story :) 3 kids, ages 9, 6, 2. Stay-at-home mom. Already lost 30 lbs. I'm super short, 5'1". After my last baby, I was diagnosed with Hashimotos Thyroiditis, so, I'm on meds now, big help. Feel free to add me!! we could use all the support we can get. Also, btw, I'm latin, so I've had to learn how to eliminate and/or substitute for healthier options. Feel free to add
  • Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 with a 3 year old :)
  • fatinadenise297
    fatinadenise297 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So excited to see this group! Having a difficult time, but ready to focus. Glad to see others whom are relatable,
  • GoodwinBride05
    GoodwinBride05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I am a SAHM as well! I have a 7 year old, a 6 year old, and a 3 year old. I will be 29 this weekend, and my 10 year wedding anniversary is July 30th. I'm striving to get back to my pre-wedding weight, which was 135. Currently I am 202...having lost almost 15 lbs since Easter! I just started Atkins yesterday, so combining that with my walking, I'm hoping to be at least 30 lbs lighter by my anniversary.. :)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    4 kids here - 12,9,2, and 1. Yup. I work part time and am in school. I gained back the weight I lost while pregnant a few months ago and am now focusing on strength increases and recomp, I primarily lift but run a few times a week. Although not losing I get the struggle of carving out the time, I'm up at 430 every day!