Water thingies

Options
When I was shopping last weekend I discovered that Kool-Aid makes singles packets that you can put in your water... so I bought 2 boxes of the tropical punch and they are good! Only 60 calories and 14 grams of sugar. Definitely a good break for someone who drinks nothing but water (like me) to have some flavor once a day or so!!

Replies

• marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sixty calories is alot to use up on water. Why not grab one that is 5 or 10? or squeeze some lemon or lime juice in it?

I get bored with just plain water also but 60 calories is way too much for me to blow on a glass of water.
  • NancyCatherineWalker
    Options
    I use the Crystal Light To Go packs. They're for an 8 oz glass but I put them in my 24 oz water bottle to dilute them more. They are a God send for me as I hate - which is not a strong enough word - the taste of water. They have 0 calories.
  • kailyamie
    kailyamie Posts: 130
    Options
    Sixty calories is alot to use up on water. Why not grab one that is 5 or 10? or squeeze some lemon or lime juice in it?

I get bored with just plain water also but 60 calories is way too much for me to blow on a glass of water.

Because I don't like things that taste like crap. All I drink is water, so a glass of cold kool-aid is yummy sometimes.
  • GingerDarlene
    GingerDarlene Posts: 164
    Options
    also quite a bit of extra sugar as well
  • kailyamie
    Options
    I use the Crystal Light To Go packs. They're for an 8 oz glass but I put them in my 24 oz water bottle to dilute them more. They are a God send for me as I hate - which is not a strong enough word - the taste of water. They have 0 calories.

I don't like the Crystal light ones, they taste awful and are full of artificial sweetener. Which, I also hate. lol.
  • rlpetersen
    rlpetersen Posts: 10
    Options
    I agree the Crystal Light or even the Wal Mart brand ones are a great option for low calories, Hi-C makes some too that are good but I have not checked the calories in them...my husband likes them so we always have them around. Whatever it takes to get the water down is good!!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Holy sugar!
    You might want to do some research on those!
    I'm sure you can find a lot less calories and sugar in some others like Crystal light....there is also a liquid drop one that is out now too that I think has NO sugar or calories...(or min calories)
    Good luck with that - I say toss em!
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    that's almost all my daily sugar! i just stick to plain water, and maybe a diet soda on a rare occasion.

i do love kool aid though!
  • smuehlbauer
    Options
    http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/pages/about-mio.html
    here are the Mio drops I was talking about.
    Stephanie
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    "Because I don't like things that taste like crap"

I hear ya but like others have said there are lots of options with a lot less calories. I prefer the raspberry lemonade myself and it taste like anything but crap.

My husband had a hard time giving up orange juice. At walmart we found the "early riser" powder and its actually really good.

My point was there are lots of options out there. Have you tried Mio drops?
  • rlpetersen
    rlpetersen Posts: 10
    Options
    I think that's a great treat if that is what you like and it helps you. I noticed that Crystal Light did come out with some recently that have stevia which is made from sugar rather than some of the older sweeteners. I tried one, but I thought it was too sweet for me. Might be an option to try too.
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    To me Crystal Lite is a bit bitter. I add a little Splenda to it and it tastes much better.

Also, I will cut 1 strawberry into it and let it soak over night. Tastes very good.
  • kailyamie
    Options
    "Because I don't like things that taste like crap"

I hear ya but like others have said there are lots of options with a lot less calories. I prefer the raspberry lemonade myself and it taste like anything but crap.

My husband had a hard time giving up orange juice. At walmart we found the "early riser" powder and its actually really good.

My point was there are lots of options out there. Have you tried Mio drops?

My husband bought some MIO drops and they are gross.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    how about natural stuff - like herbal blueberry tea. then let cool and put into fridge for a nice cold drink. or passion fruit etc.

or just lemon or lime wedges into water.

i don't know a lot about kool aid or crystal light - but guessing quite a few chemicals in there.

I drink 4-6 litres of plain water a day.
  • smuehlbauer
    Options
    Not worth it
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    A packet or two a day is not gonna kill ya. So enjoy I say!!!!!!

I used to love the H punch lil packets....
  • louisvillelady
    louisvillelady Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would never waste my calories on that . I would go with the crystal light or sugar free kool aid . It makes alot more sense to me . I too am trying to lose alot of weight like you and I feel like things like kool aid is what got me here in the first place .
  • fortworthbret
    Options
    Do you like the taste of unsweetened iced tea?

60 calories is a big chunk of my day (or so it seems).
  • sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    like you I typically only drink water. But i also found that i like Sobe Lifewater 0 Calories. They have a bunch of different ones,
  • NancyCatherineWalker
    Options
    If the flavor is to strong just use a bigger glass of water. That's what I do with the Crystal Light. I have 2 of the Mio drop flavors but haven't really tried them yet. I tend to drink Lipton Tea - unsweetened with splenda when I'm home. Another thing with 0 calories. My water bottle is at work.