Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Meal Ideas

Just wanted to share a post with a few meal and food ideas, and it would be great if people could comment some of theres so we can swap ideas!

Replies

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Greek yogurt
  • Fat_Lassie
    Fat_Lassie Posts: 12 Member
    Cabbage Soup (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cabbage-Fat-Burning-Soup/Detail.aspx?evt19=1&referringHubId=16973) (Calculates to 69 calories per cup) and chicken salad with lowfat mayo and apples. Calculates higher but is almost pure protein. Sometimes I put shrimp in the cabbage soup. I find the protein and fiber keeps me full. I buy the chicken pre-cooked at costco in a package labeled rotisserie chicken. It's chunks of breast meat....

I keep these two in the fridge all week and eat for breakfast lunch and dinner! :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Recipe websites are a great place to go for recipes...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited June 2015
    There's a whole board for that

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/recipes

Plus use the recipe builder to build any recipes you like making sensible substitute choices where appropriate

Or look at http://www.skinnytaste.com as she has done a lot of the work already

But cabbage soup ..yuk it doesn't have fat-burning properties, it's just soup ...you could make any soup you wanted and get to roughly the same calories
  • Fat_Lassie
    Fat_Lassie Posts: 12 Member
    edited June 2015
    to each their own. I love cabbage soup it tastes good and it's good for you. I'm an excellent cook and a foodie but we have to train our minds that each meal does not have to be a culinary experience or take time to prep. Eat to live. Having been an Iron Man for many years I can attest that it has a great effect on managing caloric intake.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Fat_Lassie wrote: »
    to each their own. I love cabbage soup it tastes good and it's good for you. I'm an excellent cook and a foodie but we have to train our minds that each meal does not have to be a culinary experience or take time to prep. Eat to live. Having been an Iron Man for many years I can attest that it has a great effect on managing caloric intake.

Plenty of things taste good that are good for you. Life is too short to eat boring food. I don't need Cabbage soup to manage my caloric intake... Bleh. Actually, if that was an option it would manage to lower my caloric intake because I'd rather eat nothing.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member

The only reason to eat it ...and I agree each to their own

But the whole magical fat burning properties are completely made up nonsense ..and the title of your recipe link was fat burning soup...you expect people to ignore that fallacy?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member

To the first bolded part - yes, I think it should. Food should taste excellent. I don't want to waste calories, money or time on sub-par food, especially as I am very good at making delicious meals. When I eat good food, I feel satisfied on less. I have come to believe that taste is a reflection of nutrients in the food - as long as the food is, well, "natural" or minimally processed.

The second bolded part - a central part of the "obesity epidemic" boils down to (pun partly intended) our inability and unwillingness to prepare our own food, and sit down to eat - propelled by the food industry's propaganda that spending time in the kitchen is a waste of time. Check out Michael Pollan's books and videos on youtube.