2nd baby too much gain

Options
kirza125
kirza125 Posts: 8 Member
I had reached my goal when i found out i was pregnant. Now i need to loose 33lbs to get back to it. I gained a lot of weight during this second pregnancy and barely lost any after birth.

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I was at my ideal weight when I started my third pregnancy, and I logged, ate below then at maintenance all pregnancy and exercised until 38 weeks, and still gained far too much. I've been back exercising since my 6 week check, and logging since she was 3 weeks old. She's now 1 and I still have a bit left to lose, but I'm not too far off now.
  • kirza125
    Options
    I just started my diet and exercise after my 6wk check up too. I have to be honest though, I did not take care of myself during my pregnancy that is why I gained so much weight. Now on to this journey to loosing all this weight. Hopefully my old clothes fits again.
  • janettrey
    janettrey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello...I was on a strict diet an went from 196 to 154 people started telling me to stop. I came out pregnant from my third baby and now I'm at 190 again. I started 2 days ago to walking for 2-3 miles within an hour. I want to find out how this cheering is going to help me.
  • kirza125
    Options
    I was 145 and went all the way to 195 during my last month of pregnancy. I only lost 17lbs after baby so now I'm at 178. Which is shocking for me. The most i've ever weight in my life. I'm also walking/running 2-3miles 2-4times a week. I plan to increase my workout goals as i get more fit. Right now i feel so heavy, like i cant even stand my own weight. Don't listen to people, once you're comfortable with your weight that's when you should stop

• janettrey
    Options
    I feel good but sometimes it's hard to laugh without sounding like a pig Lol. I just got back from a 2.44 mile walk /run last week 192 today 187
  • kirza125
    Options
    Woohooo! Way to go!! I have my first weigh in wednesday hopefully I've lost some. How often do you weigh yourself? I'm thinking of weighing myself once a week. My husband says i'm crazy but i think everyone looks at me and thinks, "oh my she let herself go". I don't even want people to see me. I'm about to hit the gym right now. Mondays are always good
  • janettrey
    edited June 2015
    Options
    We're not crazy just a little concerned about the way we look in their eyes. I weight myself on Mondays because I pull myself from eating too much on weekends. How did it go on the gym
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40lbs on here since my second baby, but I was fat before pregnancy. I've still got another 40 to go
  • kirza125
    Options

Gym is going great, started with 2 days a week. This week i did 3 and next i'll do 4 days a week.
    Slowly but surely.
    janettrey wrote: »
    We're not crazy just a little concerned about the way we look in their eyes. I weight myself on Mondays because I pull myself from eating too much on weekends. How did it go on the gym

• kirza125
    Options
    Wow 40 lbs is a huge step up. Keep it up and soon you'll reach your goal and will never look back.

quote="enterdanger;32766203"]I've lost 40lbs on here since my second baby, but I was fat before pregnancy. I've still got another 40 to go[/quote]

• janettrey
    Options
    Keep a picture of before so you don't go back to that ever again
  • kris_ten_s
    kris_ten_s Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Sort of stuck after my second pregnancy. Before I had my first daughter I was really fit and around 141 (at 5'8). I'm currently at 151 and am stuck. Ugh. I have been able to get 3 workouts a week but honestly I'm so tired (from the baby not sleeping the night) I can barely do those. I joined MFP to track calories and tighten up my diet. Hopefully I can lose these last stubborn 10 pounds...
  • kirza125
    Options
    I never want to go to the gym, I'm so sleepy tired all the time. I know exactly what you're talking about. It helps me going every other day instead of 3 days in a row.
  • marthaelisa80
    marthaelisa80 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I gained 50lbs with my son. He was 10 pounds 2.4 ounces. The first 8 weeks I were a girdle to keep everything in. Not too tight though. I had a lot of vegetable soups with chicken and smoothies only to help clean me out. At 8 weeks postpartum I had around 15lbs to lose and I was nursing. I started working out at home. I'm 34 so the last 15 lbs took the longest. For me working out at home like to Jillian Michaels really helped me. I switched to a smaller girdle as my stomach got tighter. I only wore is for 3 months. And the soup and smoothie thing only for 8 weeks. Every one is different so be patient it will come.
  • valeriagutierrezvg700
    valeriagutierrezvg700 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was 193 at 9 months pregnant thinking oh I'll lose it after I give birth well I ended up having a c-section so I had to wait 8wks then when I tried to work out I found it so difficult I ended up gaining all the baby weight back now I am very determined to lose the weight again for good I won't use "I had a baby" excuse anymore feel free to add me so we can motivate each other
  • kirza125
    Options
    I was at 195 At 9months. Gained 50 pounds from pre-baby weight but only lost 17lbs when baby was born