Ugh... gained weight

Options
We totally need a frustrated smiley, because that's now I feel. In spite of my best efforts all I've managed to do is gain the pound I lost last week back again. Argh! Will I never see progress? I could use a hug or a kick in the pants. Thanks!

Replies

• shefly
    shefly Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Here's your hug! Hang in there.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    We totally need a frustrated smiley, because that's now I feel. In spite of my best efforts all I've managed to do is gain the pound I lost last week back again. Argh! Will I never see progress? I could use a hug or a kick in the pants. Thanks!

in the grand scheme of things, a pound isnt very much, you could easily lose 4lbs after a decent exercise session purely from water loss! just stick to the diet and exercise plan and everything will work out...just go for it!
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Well I always go by measurements over weight anyday, so if you haven't taken any, start now!!

Also- it may help to cut out the white (simple) carbohydrates and substitute the complex ones in. they will work wonders.
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    :mad: :sad: :explode: :grumble: :angry: any of those will do :laugh:
    I am sorry. I feel your pain. as I am not losing near as fast as I used to, despite my best efforts to change diet and exercise.
    Try zig-zagging your cals or interval training and make sure you incorporate strength training!
  • bugabaer
    bugabaer Posts: 15
    Options
    Lol! I feel you! I just went thru the same frustration :grumble: But MFP family encouraged me, so you're definitely in the right place. And one pound is just a pound, the scale will probably move in the opposite direction tomorrow! Either way, keep at it, you'll reach your goal soon enough :smile:
  • cblr1976
    cblr1976 Posts: 6
    Options
    I feel your pain as I put on most of what I lost last week too so here's your (((((hugs)))))
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    This happens to all of us (this happened to me again this past week) don't let it stop you. Our bodies sometimes retain a little more water even if you did everything you were suppose to. Just fight through the plateau and you'll have success.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I also gained .4 despite my efforts of working out everyday, drinking tons of water and eating healthy. Don't give up though!! Just keep doing what you are doing and you will see the results:) Hugs~
  • Helena4
    Helena4 Posts: 124
    Options
    We ALL get this! Keep strong, keep drinking that water and most of all...keep smiling (after a few angry faces :grumble: :noway: :mad:) Breathe and keep going :smile:
  • dlafarga
    dlafarga Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Don't get frustrated too quickly. I've been there. But instead of sitting there and getting irritated at myself for gaining my weight back, i worked hard at losing it and more. I've lost about 13lbs now and I feel great. I can't tell you how many times ive cheated on my diet but I continue to exercise that day and the day afterwards. Gaining weight and eating fatty things can be unmotivating. But just keep moving forward. You can do it :)
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Merrycat,
    having ridden this roller coaster since December I can tell you I have learned not to get frustrated unless I am up two pounds and those two pounds haven't come off for more than 3 days. That is when I start looking at my habits.
    I read with another program I was on, that when fat disappears quickly, the body can retain water in the space those cells used to take up. Then after a short time the tissue comes together in that space, pushing the water into the blood and out in urine. So I watch to see that happen and almost always after a few days I have a heavily-water voiding day and I am a pound or two lighter. The weight does not usually come back more than a half pound if it does. Then with perseverence that will go away too as my journey continues.
    Don't let one pound get you frustrated. Think big picture.
  • kaymckinley
    kaymckinley Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lots of hugs. We all feel you pain. We have all been there. Keep at it, you can do it:smile:
  • atlnative29
    Options
    Do hang in there. It takes time so keep doing what you're doing. I didn't lose any weight last week and I swore I had to have (which was very frustrating), but I had weigh in today and lost 2 lbs. It will happen!!! Keep drinking plenty of water. Good luck!
  • merrycat
    merrycat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the support guys. I know that a single pound isn't a lot, in the great scheme of things. But right now, in the early steps of my journey, it feels like a lot, probably because I've only lost 4 pounds so far. I'll keep drinking, and perhaps I should start working out twice a day instead of just once. And of course, I'll keep drinking. I haven't made my 8 glasses a day consistantly yet. And ((hugs)) to all of you for not letting me quit.