Day One

Options
Dday0829
Dday0829 Posts: 30 Member
Hello everyone! Today is day one. I am excited and ready to get into the best shape of my life!

Replies

• Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hello & welcome! :)
  • snowiebuggie
    snowiebuggie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome :p
  • Suueq1027
    Suueq1027 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm starting up again. I'm very excited..
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just started up again about 5 weeks or so ago. It's slow going, but I guess slow and steady wins the race. Good luck! Feel free to add me if you'd like. I can use all the moral support and encouragement I can get! :)
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck on your weight loss transformation!
  • carolusholman
    carolusholman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Day 1'er I am also on day one, though I have been eating much less for 2 weeks. I have 178 days to get in shape!
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. :)
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    It's day 1 for me, too. Again.
  • Maui46
    Maui46 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2! I hope that it is different this time (I have trouble sticking to a healthy regimen)
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Good luck, and a few hints.

Take pictures and measurements TODAY.

Start using a food scale TODAY.

Start getting friendly with a barbell TODAY.

And last, yet certainly most important, Forget every excuse you ever had for not being bas@$$ TODAY.

Rigger
  • Dday0829
    Options
    Thanks to all! Doing well so far, I am waiting til Saturday morning to weigh in. I should have done measurements, I will after weigh in and go from there. I love this site and wish I had found it sooner. I am walking approx. 40 min daily and am adding weights in every other day. My encouragement song every morning is "Day One" from Matthew West. Very upbeat! You all should give it a listen....very encouraging and uplifting!!! I am also still finding my way around the site.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

Best wishes on your journey!
  • Dday0829
    Options
    Hi Day 1'er I am also on day one, though I have been eating much less for 2 weeks. I have 178 days to get in shape!

What's going on in 178 days? My Dday is the end of August, my first child is getting married and I don't want to look like a beached whale wearing a mumu at the wedding. I found the dress I would like to wear and need to lose about 20# to get into it.........I bought it and am bound and determined to wear it!!!
  • Dday0829
    Options
    As soon as I figure it out, I am posting my dress as my profile pic so I can see it all the time for motivation.
  • Dday0829
    Options
    5# lost the first week!!!!!! I can do this!
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Great job on your decision to get healthy. Stick to the 3 keys and you will be successful! The 3 keys are nutrition, exercise, and support. Feel free to add me!
  • Dday0829
    Options
    Great job on your decision to get healthy. Stick to the 3 keys and you will be successful! The 3 keys are nutrition, exercise, and support. Feel free to add me!

Thank you! I agree nutrition and exercise are key. Added free weights to my exercise program. I am still trying to figure out how to add support friends.....New to site.
  • amandaplummerlaidler789
    Options
    Hi there. I am actually on day 3 but only just gone on here. I'm using Diet Chef. No good at portion sizes or calorie counting.
  • Dday0829
    Options
    Hi there. I am actually on day 3 but only just gone on here. I'm using Diet Chef. No good at portion sizes or calorie counting.

What is Diet Chef? I actually like the fact I have to measure and look a lot closer at what I am eating. It's amazing how many calories I was consuming and didn't realize! No wonder I gained so much weight over the years. It creeps up on you over time. Good luck to you. Everyone has to find what works best for them, that's the important thing.
  • darcelchoy
    darcelchoy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good for you!