Carb Cycling advice needed

Options
Hello, I am currently at 298 lbs and I just recently started working out. I'm doing hit training and alternating between circuit weight training with a little bit of cardio . I have been reading up on carb cycling. I was just wondering if I should I stay within in the calorie range the myfitnesspal app set for me and just tweak the carb settings on high carb and low carb days within my calorie range for weight loss? Or would I have to adjust the calories too? And what should be my fat percentage on high carb and low carb days? If you have any knowledge on the subject I would appreciate the help. Looking forward to changing my life and helping others in my situation :D

Replies

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Well I do chris powells choose more lose more for life carb cycling and calorie cycling. According to his book men shoul be eating no less than 1500 on lc days and 1800 on hc days 2400 on free day. Fats are on low xarb days are 1 tbsp per meal so 5 tbsp or more if you feel hungry. Protein is about 8 oz for men. Carbs are 1 cup. (Like brown rice, oats, quinoa.) This is for men. I have a thread that breaks it down a little its called current carb cycling friends chris powell you can do under search feature.
    I don't know percentages or macros so I can't help there.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Is your purpose for carb cycling just to have better gym performance or do you have thoughts that it does something else?
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I would keep the calories at a deficit and around the number MFP gave you regardless of if you're on a low or high carb day. You can manually change the percentages of each macronutrient. So perhaps on a low-carb day you'd eat 10% carbs, 30% protein and 60% fat. And maybe on a high-carb day you'd eat 60% carbs, 30% protein, 10% fat. I think it's a good idea to mix it up and keep your body guessing. Plus if you do that, you're eating a greater variety of foods and if you're eating clean, giving your body the nutrition it needs. You could also throw in a 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat day. MFP will tell you how many grams of each macro you need. I enjoy switching my macros around so that I'm not eating the same thing every day and because I think it's beneficial to do so, but I'm no expert. :)
  • MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You're just starting. You don't need to carb cycle at all. Just stay in a consistent deficit.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    If your goal is to lose poundage then you need to be eating at a calorie deficit. Weight loss is about calorie, math and eating at a calorie deficit. Everything else is secondary.
  • quintinmasonjr24
    quintinmasonjr24 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, lol :p I'm just complicating things. I will just focus on a caloric deficit like mentioned above.