Anyone battling an Eating Disorder? (tw)

Options
(I'm sort of copying+pasting from another thread, sorry if this isn't allowed :~)

A year or so ago I came here with about 20 or so lbs to lose after an ICU stay due to being diagnosed with Addison's (hipopituitary) disease and losing some thyroid function and female hormones and starting daily steroids and being forced to stop dancing ballet. I logged consistently, lost 30lbs and in and out of hospitals and after finding out about having also a blood disorder, I eventually quit.

Now I'm back with a slew of other challenges...I've lost complete thyroid function, pancreatic is almost down (hello Diabetes Insipidus), my blood disorder is being treated and well, but my BMI is now 16ish. I have bad osteoporosis, still on daily doses of hydrocortisone, a few ICU visits under my belt and I need friends/companions to beat this battle and to help me out with my mental state.

I'm out of school (the dream of finishing medical school is long gone), can't even think of dancing, lost my partner and am out of a stint in a rehab place for Anorexia/PTSD and overall feeling pretty damn lost and lonely.

Is anyone else here dealing with a restrictive type of ED and logging for their doctor or themselves or as motivation? Would anyone like to be buddies/accountability buddies or just friends to help each other out on this path?

Thanks for reading this far, much love and luck to all of you <3

Replies

• iwalcott
    iwalcott Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck honey, I feel for you!
  • HAS415
    HAS415 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am. I lost 130 lbs since April 2013. I'm using MFP so my trainer can track my progress. And understand totally the battle statement. I want to get better but don't understand why I need to gain. I don't see it. :/
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I've had EDNOS for 17 years and am 27 years old. I'm working on logging to build muscle and be fit, and trying to avoid any restrictive habits along the way. It's a struggle.
  • pebbleslaura1
    pebbleslaura1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yep me im same as you
  • reaching_for_recovery
    Options
    I've had EDNOS for 2 years and I lost 14 lbs. I'm 4'11 and weighed 98, my LW was 82. Now that I am trying to recover i weigh 86lbs but its hard so I can understand. Stay strong, and keep going.
  • russkiballerina
    russkiballerina Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the support and replies everyone <3
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I don't have those issues so can't advise, but can send you hugs and support.
  • jessticlesx
    jessticlesx Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    i used to really struggle with my eating habits, and although i am a lot better now, sometimes i do slip into my old habits. i'm also a ballet dancer, so i really do relate to your situation! feel free to message me any time :) you can do it!
  • andreasofiaml
    andreasofiaml Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel, Im still struggling... some days are better than others and even tho Im a lot better now, Ive gained weight and Im stronger, sometimes I go back to old habits and its awful bc I dont think anybody around me understands how I feel. You can writte me any time ;)
  • HGHollyGray
    HGHollyGray Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat too.
    I am 24 and suffered with EDNOS for around 3-4 years. Currently i am 5ft 6 and only 46.5 kgs. My BMI is 16 something and my body is only 9% fat and 50% muscle....the rest just bones and water!
    I am working right now on building muscle and strength as i literally feel i have none! So i am doing less cardio and more strength and resistance training, but i have to admit it is so hard!
    Send me a message if anyone wants to talk :)