So much to lose

toadster1
toadster1 Posts: 16 Member
My name is Anne. I am a mother of 8 children, special education teacher, wife to a great husband, and ready to get fit. I am going to lose 152 lbs., and would love to share the journey.

Replies

• Becca281552
    Becca281552 Posts: 45 Member
    Hello Anne! Wow... 8 kids must keep you busy!! I have 2, and some days it seems I barely keep up! :) I also work in the special education field (SCI adult students) ~ love it on most days! ;) I have around 105 lbs. to lose & have decided to work on it 10 lbs. at a time... just seemed more "do-able" than the ultimate goal number.

Nice to meet you & hope that you have a great weekend!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    Like teaching, you have to be consistent and patient. That amount of weight is going to take a year or more to lose.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • hokie4life30
    hokie4life30 Posts: 13 Member
    I also teach and have about 140 pounds I am going to lose. I am going to use my kids as motivation. I teach that group of students that most teachers groan about when they see them on their rosters and all of my blocks are full of them. They are very "energetic" and full of life so I am going to use that to help me stay focused. Good luck!
  • sarah1ck
    sarah1ck Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Anne I'm new here as well. Wow! 8 children, and a working mum too. You are my new inspiration. I have about 20lb to lose. Its not easy but we can do this
  • GameChanger82
    GameChanger82 Posts: 20 Member
    Welcome aboard! You can do it. Like ninerbuff said, it's probably a 1-2 year project so don't worry if it's slow to start with. Try to eliminate 500 calories a day, and also try to move around more. Keep in touch!

28834522.png
  • Natalie_F_34
    Natalie_F_34 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi Anne, new here too. Welcome aboard :)

Nat x
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Welcome to MFP Anne, :) you've got this!

I'm a wife and mother of 7 great kids. I'm not working now, but i'm going to school full time.
    I started here a year ago with 160 lbs to lose. I've dropped 123 so far, only 37 to go!
  • toadster1
    That is so awesome. What did you do to make such a life change?
  • toadster1
    Grumple13 wrote: »
    Hi Anne, new here too. Welcome aboard :)

Nat x

• toadster1
    Thank you. Greetings too.
  • toadster1
    Thank you. I love your graphic.
  • toadster1
    I am not sure how to reply individually, but thank you for the welcoming posts. I already feel like I am among friends.
  • openlynoted
    openlynoted Posts: 21 Member
    Hi Anne, New here too! Good Luck!
  • trublutopaz
    trublutopaz Posts: 70 Member
    I'm a teacher as well. I am determined to see this through this time. It seems I trip myself up every time before. I want to lose 70 lbs. I need to lose at least 40 lbs. I am so tired of being so tired. Good luck to you! Special Ed teachers are truly on the front lines. I could never do that job.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Dont worry, dont let it overwhelm you. The success pages will show you there are many who have lost much more, sp ot cam be done. Yours will just be a longer journey.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Hi Anne. I started 17 months ago with 151 pounds to lose. So far, I have lost 111 of them. My advice to get started: baby steps. Start out by getting in the habit of making meals from fresh whole foods rather than convenience foods (as much as is possible with your lifestyle) Don't worry so much about the macronutrient content at the beginning. Set your goal to lose 1 lb. a week to start out while you get into new habits. You can go a little more aggressive later after you get into a routine. Next, start to weigh and measure and log everything. You can start to tweak your foods to reach your macro goals and pay attention to the total nutrient content of your daily food.

Same thing with exercise. Baby steps. With teaching and eight kids, I suspect you are already moving a lot. Perhaps you can set aside time for yourself where the hubby can watch the kids and you can go for a walk. I find that walking is not only good for my physical health, but renewing mentally. If you have the time, find some kind of strengthening exercises you can do.

Good luck. you can do this! It may seem overwhelming at first, but the best advice I was given when I started was "You are not making a big change in your life, you are making a series of small changes". Keep that in mind and make one change, then another, then another and you will get to where you want to be.
  • mj2u
    mj2u Posts: 3 Member
    toadster1 wrote: »
    My name is Anne. I am a mother of 8 children, special education teacher, wife to a great husband, and ready to get fit. I am going to lose 152 lbs., and would love to share the journey.

• toadster1
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Like teaching, you have to be consistent and patient. That amount of weight is going to take a year or more to lose.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member

Thank you for your advice.
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• toadster1
    I loved your entry thank you for your comments

quote="earlnabby;32799180"]Hi Anne. I started 17 months ago with 151 pounds to lose. So far, I have lost 111 of them. My advice to get started: baby steps. Start out by getting in the habit of making meals from fresh whole foods rather than convenience foods (as much as is possible with your lifestyle) Don't worry so much about the macronutrient content at the beginning. Set your goal to lose 1 lb. a week to start out while you get into new habits. You can go a little more aggressive later after you get into a routine. Next, start to weigh and measure and log everything. You can start to tweak your foods to reach your macro goals and pay attention to the total nutrient content of your daily food.

Same thing with exercise. Baby steps. With teaching and eight kids, I suspect you are already moving a lot. Perhaps you can set aside time for yourself where the hubby can watch the kids and you can go for a walk. I find that walking is not only good for my physical health, but renewing mentally. If you have the time, find some kind of strengthening exercises you can do.

Good luck. you can do this! It may seem overwhelming at first, but the best advice I was given when I started was "You are not making a big change in your life, you are making a series of small changes". Keep that in mind and make one change, then another, then another and you will get to where you want to be.[/quote]

• toadster1
    You can do this. I need support and your kind words helped today.