Recipes with ground Italian sausage

Options
becca_maee
becca_maee Posts: 144 Member
I know it's not necessarily healthy but it's one of the few things in the fridge til payday lol. Googling all I found was casserole type stuff

Replies

• chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @becca_maee I cook it first and then add it in when I'm making lentil soup. Also, I cook it, garlic, onion, and cubed eggplant then add diced tomatoes and spices you like..toss with cooked bow tie pasta and top with a little grated Parmesan. There are other ways I use it, but these two dishes I cook a lot. I don't see why you can't use it as you would ground beef.
  • becca_maee
    becca_maee Posts: 144 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @becca_maee I cook it first and then add it in when I'm making lentil soup. Also, I cook it, garlic, onion, and cubed eggplant then add diced tomatoes and spices you like..toss with cooked bow tie pasta and top with a little grated Parmesan. There are other ways I use it, but these two dishes I cook a lot. I don't see why you can't use it as you would ground beef.

I've never actually used it my mom brought us just a few things from her house just to last us til we get paid so i wasn't sure what people do with it lol soemthing else I found online was a bean soup with the sausage in there. That Sounds like it could be pretty good. Not that my boyfriend will eat bean soup lol
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    We use a ton of ground hot italian sausage. I make: pizza; sausage, broccoli rabe and quinoa pasta in white wine sauce; I put in in red sauce to make a ragu, I've even put it in scrambled eggs. All on 1200-1300 cals a day. You can do it!