Goal of losing 65 pds!

Options
I have a goal of losing 65 pounds. I could use all the moral support

Replies

• maktuners
    maktuners Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello pmaxwell, glad to help if this will. Not knowing you at all gives me little to help you with ,but here goes. The picture you posted, wow you are a beauty!!! Love the high cheekbones. Have your goal in your mind 24/7, this will help you stay on track. If you are like me I adore chocolate and anything decadent. Say to yourself, ( and to it),when you have that yummy looking brownie in your hand, "You're just not worth it. The longer you stay away from "IT" you will loose the cravings. I cut out bread and eat only good carbs that stay with you longer, like oatmeal. Water is very important throughout the day. You know... you got this, you can do it. Stay strong and true to yourself.
  • LarsEnnerberg
    LarsEnnerberg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! You can do it. Don't ever get down on yourself. No one is perfect and there will always be some setbacks. Just know that your goal is long term and life changing. Not just a couple of weeks. Think strategically! And go!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Start getting it into your head, its possible as long as you cna be at a consistent deficit and then just keep taking it one day at a time. Understand the journey will be a long one and that it ccould easily be 1lb a week, so 65 weeks. It may well take longer, but you get there when you get there. The importnat thing is to realise that you can and you will, the when is less so.
  • Ithinkicanwinwinsulin
    Options
    Hey your on your way once you join MFP and post here that means your dead serious about getting to a healthier place i have to loose 70 pounds so i am learning to use a tape measure and that is where the weight loss shows up first , your scale is great as long as you only get on it once a week, as salt intake can really mess up the numbers,, i tossed all my carbs yes tapping microphone hello i am a carb fiend I got out some good work out dvds and pulled out my free weights glove weights wrist weights and gazelle glider... i walk every morning at 4 am and am tired of folks asking when is your baby due and i look and say oh about 6 pizzas ago..it will be easy if you have little snack boxes in frig of raw veggies..i was a cracker and salty chip eater..i had to stop with diet cola and switch to lots of fresh water..so its all baby steps...i would say write down a food log for one week and eat what you normally would eat then go back and look at it and check out portion control, how many carbs, how much fat or low fat foods, lean meats ect.. then circle the foods you think will cause you problems and cut back the portions..i am using american diabetes rate my plate method 1/2 of my lunch and dinner plate must be a salad or raw or cooked veggies, 1/4 of my plate can be grains, 1/4 of my plate can be lean protein or tofu or soy foods ...i am a diabetic and i just had to start insulin due to my carb intake over 40 years so do not end up like me...your young and full of life you can do it..good luck...
  • gemmag72
    gemmag72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have lost 16lb so far, and still have 70lb to go. Im a 42 year old Brit, and it's a slow but steady journey. I'd be really pleased for you to add me