So far so good on my journey for a 40 year old with abs! (6 Weeks In)

Options
Robb_Lloyd
Robb_Lloyd Posts: 47 Member
So I have been at this for six weeks now. I had a double hernia surgery last October and was not allowed to do anything but be depressed and lazy for 6 months (it took me longer than that to get motivated). I always said that I wanted to have some clearly visible abs when I was 40 and well now I am 40. So six weeks ago I finally did something about it.

I have always been a runner but I have always been the skinny fat guy. You know the kind where it is all in the stomach. I was 15 to 20 lbs overweight and it was all right in the pooch. The unhealthiest part of the body. I am nowhere near done but I have made some decent progress and now I am crazy enough to share my before and right now pictures. It has me wanting more though. I was a bit shy about doing this but someone convinced me to share. So here is budha and his skinnier companion.

Then
68qny33jjncg.jpg

w8zjk1oyfjkx.jpg

0gp52kllewdn.jpg

Now (6 Weeks Later)

86z2t273c8n6.jpg

vydohyaz57ll.jpg

4lailbn91kgp.jpg

And so the mission continues for killer abs at the age of 40. I still have a lot of work to do but I am pretty proud of my progress so far.

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Good progress!! You are well on your way to those abs!
  • shryberg
    shryberg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Good difference!
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    That's only 6 weeks in? Amazing progress!
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    That's really great progress - - how have you managed it?
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Well done. If that was all in 6 weeks, that's friggin' amazing.
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    6 weeks ? Tell us more bro.. wat was ur routine
  • Robb_Lloyd
    Robb_Lloyd Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sorry just getting back to this. Some folks asked what my routine or what I was doing. For starters I went very lean with my diet. Nothing processed, nothing dairy and no bread, alcohol and Pasta. It was a straight Meat, veggie and fruit diet. Don't get me wrong on my high calorie days I had a few cheats here and there but nothing overwhelming. I set my calories for a resting day with no exercise between 1350 and 1500. I eat back about half my calories when I do work out or run. A protein shake for breakfast and fruit, a large lunch, snacks of fruit or veggies through out the day, and a very light dinner. I also did not allow myself to eat anything after 6 pm. I went to the gym 3 times a week for weights at about an hour and I ran 3 times a week with only one rest day. It was hard but thats what It got me in 6 weeks. I have only lost about 12 - 15lbs in that time but my inches are where it really is evident.

Obviously every ones calorie intake will be different so if you go this route do not use mine as guide. I am now having to increase my calories just to keep up and regulate. I am currently at a 15-1700 resting calorie day.
  • JRitaK
    JRitaK Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Looking seriously fantastic. Good for you!!
  • babybrooksmom
    babybrooksmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! But I will say I was pretty distracted by your TARDIS phone cover! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!