Anyone here do Spin? Your results?

Options
I've been doing spin classes 4x a week for 3 weeks now, and I'm seeing so much improvement in my thighs and butt! I'm legit getting better results than when I was doing squats. I'm so addicted to it now!

What about you?

Replies

• safewaygreenbox
    safewaygreenbox Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to spin but have started cycling (outside) and yes I have noticed a change in my body shape - butt and legs. :-)
  • _emma_78
    _emma_78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love spinning! Some people think it makes their legs bulky but that's only if you're eating in excess to gain muscle there. Great booty workout and the classes always play such motivating music to make it fun! I spin in the winter when it's too cold to run outside :)
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I did spin once and omfg I couldn't walk for days after! My butt was soooo sore as well. Omfg you do it 4 times a week? Holy bleep! Go you great thing!!!!!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,202 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it and have done it once or twice a week ... but I do prefer cycling outside. :)
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I've been spinning 5 days a week for several years now. I LOVE it. I take Saturday and Sunday off, but by late Sunday my legs feel like they want to spin. I do like to cycle outdoors, but I feel like I get a better workout by spinning indoors. I can control hills and valleys better, and I don't have to worry about cars and falling. I used to ride my bike to work every day (in Michigan) riding in the winter can be tricky!

Absolutely my butt and thighs (as well as the rest of me) are smaller. I also run (intervals) and lift heavy.

If you really like spinning I would recommend you get a pair of spin shoes. They're super important. You should be cycling from the balls of your feet, not the arches. Cycle shoes will help with the proper positioning. Plus they are rigid, unlike tennis shoes that bend and allow your foot to hyper-extend. Hyper-extension leads to plantar fasciitis, which is NO FUN, believe me. And spin shoes will help you better engage your hamstrings, very important muscle group. I see a lot of people getting lost in the push, but you gotta pull those feet up, too. The fit is different than tennis shoes, so go to a cycle store for a pair.
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've been spinning 5 days a week for several years now. I LOVE it. I take Saturday and Sunday off, but by late Sunday my legs feel like they want to spin. I do like to cycle outdoors, but I feel like I get a better workout by spinning indoors. I can control hills and valleys better, and I don't have to worry about cars and falling. I used to ride my bike to work every day (in Michigan) riding in the winter can be tricky!

Absolutely my butt and thighs (as well as the rest of me) are smaller. I also run (intervals) and lift heavy.

If you really like spinning I would recommend you get a pair of spin shoes. They're super important. You should be cycling from the balls of your feet, not the arches. Cycle shoes will help with the proper positioning. Plus they are rigid, unlike tennis shoes that bend and allow your foot to hyper-extend. Hyper-extension leads to plantar fasciitis, which is NO FUN, believe me. And spin shoes will help you better engage your hamstrings, very important muscle group. I see a lot of people getting lost in the push, but you gotta pull those feet up, too. The fit is different than tennis shoes, so go to a cycle store for a pair.

Nice!! I was thinking about spin shoes. I always see people change into them right before class.

That's awesome that you all like spinning!

• blwasson73
    blwasson73 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just am starting my first spinning class this week so great to hear the positive comments. Very inspiring!
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    blamundson wrote: »
    I just am starting my first spinning class this week so great to hear the positive comments. Very inspiring!

Yay! I hope you like it!
  • dianna1286
    dianna1286 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have been doing spin 4-5 times a week for about 8 months now and I love it! I do some lifting as well because I do feel it's all cardio. I do need to look into getting some spinning sneakers.
  • allison_moushey
    allison_moushey Posts: 36 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I was rising my bike for s little while and was actually noticing a more muscular shape in my legs and my butt. Unfortunately it has been raining a ton and my work schedule has been weird so I've strayed away from it. If it's not raining tomorrow that the first thing I'm doing tomorrow!

I did take a spin class and felt indifferent about it. I like to just be consistent and she kept making the gears like really tough, and then even tougher. I didn't really like that you never knew what gear you were in. I felt discourage when I could keep the RPM in the high 70s.
    But I did like the feel of the bike so I just use it now but on my own. I'm just more comfortable that way.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I guess I have a love/hate relationship with it. I kind of hate it while I'm doing it sometimes but it's a great workout! I highly recommend clip in cleats, I enjoy it a lot more with them. Going to psych myself up for a class tomorrow am :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Beware, you may have a sore "under carriage" for a day or two afterwards :s:#
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I thought it was okay. I did once or twice a week when I first started losing but got kind of burnt out on it. It made me feel like I was doing something though. I'd rather do less time on the bike on my own now, personally.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    ... but I do prefer cycling outside. :)

This.

+100

:)
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options

Beware, you may have a sore "under carriage" for a day or two afterwards :s:#

No kidding. I don't do spin classes but have started occasionally using the spin bike instead of the regular stationary one.

Why are the seats so hard and annoyingly shaped?