Justified Junk food if it is in my Calorie Count

Options
cee134
cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
I am starting to get tempted by junk food again. But I want to justify it by keeping it in my calorie count. I know I can have a sweet or two but still I don't want to lose control. It is so easy to kill my calorie count on junk food. Any help?

Replies

• bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Since most junk food is pretty high in calorie count, I would limit it to no more than 1 a day and I usually have it near the end (when I know I will have calories left). If you use it early, you may eat more than one and end up starving near the end and fall off the wagon. Also, I would only do it once a week or once ever few days. If you do it every night, it will become a habit.
  • xxjacqueline
    xxjacqueline Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine every now and then. Occasionally I'll treat myself to my favorite "junk foods" so I don't feel like I am depriving myself. Because, I want a lifestyle change, not a diet. I can't imagine never eating chocolate again. However when I started this, a few months ago, I couldn't just treat myself. I would go for a piece of chocolate and end up eating a ton of it. So don't do it unless you know what you can stop eating. I also drink water right after, to sort of clear it from my taste buds. So I'm not continually tasting it.
  • thompson000
    thompson000 Posts: 38
    Options
    I agree with bbb, treat yourself occasionally, but not everyday, you want to keep the scale moving down, not up. Plus if it goes up then you will beat yourself up over it.
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Check out Skinny Cow products; I manage to save room in my 1200 calorie count for one of the 100-150 calorie treats most days. They ROCK......totally feels like cheating but low :bigsmile: in calories.
  • hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    make new "junk" food. Instead of chips, I eat some flavored rice cakes or bake some tortillas, delicious. You can even dip them in a little salsa or hummus or guac for more flavor. If I want candy, I grab some sugar free and eat a small portion. Chocolate? a square of dark.

Pizzas or greasy hamburgers and the like are harder ro replace. So far, i just do a killer workout, then fit them in- but I know healthy versions of both exist.
  • yallen8832
    yallen8832 Posts: 68
    Options
    Also agree with bbb and yes do try skinny cows wonderful treats